DescriptionHCA Florida Largo Hospital
201 14th St SW Largo, FL 33770
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) full time Lead Phlebotomist you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Florida Largo Hospital which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
HCA Florida Largo Hospital is a 455 bed, teaching hospital with 3 different campuses near our beautiful Gulf Coast beaches. Largo serves as the only transplant facility in Pinellas County. Largo Medical Center's Graduate Medical Education program is the West Coast Academic Center for NOVA Southeastern University and is affiliated with the USF Morsani College of Medicine.Benefits
HCA Florida Largo Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Lead Phlebotomist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
As a Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist, you will be responsible for:
- Specimen collection and testing requirements and understanding specimen rejection
- Collecting blood specimens through venipuncture methods and skin puncture practices on pediatric, neonatal, adults and geriatric patients
- Completing appropriate specimen collection documentation
- Following established procedures for patient identification and specimen collection based test orders
- Educating patient and/or family regarding specimen collection procedures prior to obtaining specimen
- Using our computer information system relative to job functions
- Clerical duties (i.e., faxing, phones, pneumatic tube system, reports)
- Reviewing Outstanding Specimen Report (OSR) and pending specimen collections/accessioning issues; take action as appropriate
- A completed high school diploma or GED
- A vocational/technical diploma
- A phlebotomy certificate is beneficial
- Less than 1 year of experience in a clinical laboratory setting
- Time management and customer service skills
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- No Travel Travel Required
- 6 months experience Required Years of Experience
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida Largo Hospital is a 425 bed teaching hospital. We are located in Largo, FL and offer a coastal lifestyle. We have served the community since 1978. Our hospital offers a broad range of medical services. We have expanded our services in medicine and technology for our growing community needs. We have received the gold seal from the Joint Commission. Our heart and stroke care has received quality accolades from the American Heart Association. We are a leader in providing equality in healthcare. We are more than a provider of medical excellence and take our mission statement seriously. We hope you'll consider our careers at HCA Florida Largo Hospital.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Lead Phlebotomist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website