DescriptionRN Case Manager Case Management Department Full time, Day Shift, FTE 1.0 HCA Florida Northwest Hospital Margate, FL Facility Description: HCA Florida Northwest Hospital is a 289-bed medical center and healthcare complex, continuously expanding and incorporating the latest technology in the delivery of care. Awarded the Gold Seal of Approval™ from the Joint Commission which indicates our high standards in performance providing the highest level of services to the population to our community. Northwest Medical Center is also certified by the Joint Commission as primary stroke center and an accredited chest pain center by the American College of Cardiology. We are recognized as a Comprehensive Bariatric Center of Excellence by the American College of Surgeons Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program. Our facility continues growing to meet the needs of the community we serve and features expanded capabilities in emergency, critical care, as well as women's and children's services. Out state of the art maternity care includes the only Level III NICU in northern Broward County. The breadth and depth of these service lines translates to increased professional opportunities for our colleagues. We invite you to join a dynamic team of dedicated healthcare professionals and explore your growth potential. Benefits: (FT & PT ONLY) We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA Florida Northwest Hospital, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment*
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
- Provides case management services for both inpatient and observation patients as assigned.
- Identifies patients who are at risk for adverse outcomes during the transition from one level of care/setting to another.
- Performs a comprehensive assessment of psychosocial, medical and discharge needs of patients/family along with an assessment of resources appropriate and available to the patient/family.
- Reassesses the patient's clinical condition as indicated.
- Considers patient's readmission status or risk of readmission and develops strategies to mitigate including education on appropriately accessing healthcare resources, preventative education, and community-based resources.
- Coordinates the plan of care and drives the discharge plan by collaborating with the multidisciplinary health care team and in particular with the patient's physician to facilitate a successful care transition.
- In partnership with Social Services, the RN CM is responsible for ensuring the post-acute medical needs and level of care are appropriate.
- Evaluates progression of care using evidence-based tools and approved criteria (InterQual) throughout the episode of care; escalates progression and transition of care issues through the established chain of command.
- Makes appropriate referrals to third party payer, disease and case management programs for recurring patients and patients with chronic disease states.
- Facilitates patient throughput with an ongoing focus on an effective care transition, quality and efficiency.
- Documents professional recommendations, discharge plan, care coordination interventions, and case management activities to effectively communicate to all members of the health care team.
- Adheres to established policy and procedure and standards of care; escalates issues through the established chain of command timely.
- Demonstrates knowledge of regulatory requirements, HCA Ethics and Compliance policies, and quality initiatives Serve as an advocate for patient's rights, needs, and values; ensuring that patients' ethnic, cultural, or religious values, beliefs, preferences and needs are considered and aligned.
- Other duties as assigned
- RN with current state licensure; BSN preferred
- Three years' clinical, hospital nursing experience required with preference given to those with 2 years of case management experience or 2 years of critical care experience
- Certification in case management or utilization review preferred
- InterQual experience preferred
Apply on company website