Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Paramedic you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Florida Osceola Hospital which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
HCA Florida Osceola Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Paramedic where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
POSITION SUMMARY: The ER Paramedic will collect and convey information to both their team members and the attending Physician regarding the health status of patients. The Hospital Paramedic will perform all duties identified in their job description and validated by competency assessment under the License of the Physician Medical Director. They will report to the Director of Emergency Services. They will serve as a member of the Healthcare team through active communication; documentation; feedback and assistance as needed or requested. The Hospital Paramedic will provide for patient safety. Attend meetings and in-services as required by departmental policy. Contributes to the growth and development of self and department. Maintains an active involvement. Maintains good working relationship with patients, visitors, physicians, co-workers, and other hospital staff. Maintains competence with charting system. They may not, under any circumstances, perform the prohibited functions listed below.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement (CQI) initiatives
- Maintains competence in documentation
- Answer and receive patient report from EMS on radio (not allowed to give or take orders over radio)
- Receive EMS hand off reports at facility
- Utilize SBAR (Situation, Background, Assessment, Recommendation) for communication
- Support and represent the facility's Core Values while performing the role
- Attend meetings and in-services as required by departmental policy
- Clean stretchers, closets, and cabinets as appropriate.
- May perform the functions defined within the North Florida Division approved skills list or the corresponding facility approved skills list.
- Tracheal Intubations
- Intravenous Injections/Infusions
- Perform Triage
- Document Assessments
- Discharge Patients
Education:Current certification/licensure as a Paramedic per state requirements.
Licenses/Certifications:Current BLS, ACLS, & PALS certification
Experience:Preferred minimum 2 years of experience as a field paramedic with an EMS agency and/or clinical experience working in a hospital.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida Osceola Hospital is a 404-bed tertiary care hospital. We are accredited by the Joint Commission and are a Level II Trauma Center. We are a teaching hospital in collaboration with UCF College of Medicine. Our hospital is conveniently and centrally located in the Heart of Kissimmee. We are only minutes from Orlando, St. Cloud, Celebration, and Poinciana. We are committed to enhancing the standard of healthcare by providing services including Emergency Care, Trauma Care, Pediatric ER, Heart & Vascular Institute, and Comprehensive Stroke Center. Other services include The Baby Suites Maternity Care, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Level II, Women's Services, Behavioral Health, Orthopedics & Spine, and a Graduate Medical Education Program. We expand our care to the community with our freestanding Emergency Department at Hunter's Creek ER.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Paramedic opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website