Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Application Eng II WFH with HealthTrust Workforce you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!Benefits
HCA Healthcare offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Work from Home family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Application Eng II WFH to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and Qualifications
This position is an experienced C# .NET Developer position who will report directly to the Director of Application Development. A successful candidate will demonstrate an understanding of software patterns, software modeling, secure programming principles, test-driven development or another unit testing methodology, and advanced coding practices. In addition, this candidate will have a history of professional software development. This position requires a candidate who can analyze business requirements, perform design tasks, construct, test, and implement solutions, with supervision. The ideal candidate will have a track record of participating in successful projects in a fast-paced, mixed team (consultant and employee) environment. The Application Engineer II will be required to learn about existing legacy systems and provide on-going technical support for both existing and new applications. The Application Engineer II will work with the team to develop plans to move legacy systems into the latest platform/environment and participate in the execution of those plans, within scope and timeframe. The applicant will provide high-level support for existing applications within a group and rotate Production on-call/off-hours responsibilities. The Application Engineer II must be a highly motivated self-starter, an enthusiastic learner, and must be committed to delivering high quality solutions within scheduled timelines.
- Construct and debug applications across all aspects of application development including but not limited to Front end graphical user interface design as well as Middle tier and Database layer.
- Integrate new/existing software with existing systems.
- Collaborate with business analysts, project lead, management and customers on project requirements.
- Provide accurate and thorough estimates of work effort.
- Production application support.
- Participate in large-scale development projects involving multiple areas outside of core team.
- Develop understanding of defined SDLC processes and coding standards.
- Root Cause Analysis for Production problems.
- Collaborate with team to develop quality solutions that that deliver business value to our partners. This is an ongoing and continual process of decision-making.
- Other duties as assigned.
What qualifications you will need:
- 3+ years required, 5+ years preferred of software engineering experience.
- 3+ years of object-oriented language experience required.
- 3+ years of database design and programming experience required.
- 3+ years of Microsoft platform (.NET, Windows, IIS) experience preferred.
- 3+ years of C# experience preferred.
- Microsoft MVC.NET experience preferred.
- Microsoft Entity Framework and Linq experience preferred.
- T-SQL (SQL Server 200x) experience required.
- XML/XSL experience preferred.
- Unit testing experience preferred.
- UML modeling experience preferred.
- Application troubleshooting experience required.
- Long-term application support experience preferred.
- Root-cause analysis experience preferred.
- Willingness to learn our business domain required.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) required.
- Agile experience preferred.
ITG transforms healthcare and gives people healthier tomorrows. We deliver information technology strategy, support, and solutions. ITG improve and enhance patient care and business operations. We deliver services at administrative locations, data centers, and hospitals. The facilities we support are located in 20+ states and the United Kingdom. Our team works to move healthcare forward. We do this by seeking, embracing, developing, and delivering technology for patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Application Eng II WFH opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website