Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Communications Operator today with Methodist Healthcare System.Benefits
Methodist Healthcare System, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Communications Operator. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!Job Summary and Qualifications
The Communications Operator is responsible for professionally answering all internal and external phone calls for the Methodist Healthcare System facilities. He/she utilizes appropriate communication skills and directs the caller to their destination. Monitors and responds to various alarms and Emergency/STAT situations in an efficient and timely manner in accordance with System policy. Answers Service (P.A.G.E.) calls for physicians in the facilities and after hour emergency calls for physicians' practices. Applies knowledge of System policies related to HIPAA and privacy.
What you will do in this role:
- Answers incoming calls for all Methodist Facilities, obtains necessary information and correctly transfers calls to patient rooms, nurse's stations, or departments in accordance to System HIPAA policies.
- Communicates necessary general overhead announcements clearly and efficiently.
- Consistently follows established procedures to announce all Codes/STAT Calls for Methodist Facilities to address and alert responding personnel.
- Monitors and correctly responds to life safety equipment for Facilities Management at Main Methodist and Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital.
- Contacts on-call personnel for after hour departments (i.e. GI Lab, Cath Lab, Echo, Dialysis, etc.) in a timely manner in accordance with policies and department procedure.
- Answers after hour phone calls for Physicians that utilize our Physicians Answering Group Exchange and communicates accurate messages in an efficient manner. Adds daily on-call to physician's accounts.
- High school diploma/ GED
- Experience: Prefer two (2) years experience in a hospital or call center environment
HCA Healthcare (Corporate), based in Nashville, Tennessee, supports a variety of corporate roles from business operations to administrative positions. Like our colleagues in any HCA Healthcare hospital, our corporate campus employees enjoy unparalleled resources and opportunities to reach their potential as healthcare leaders and innovators. From market rate compensation to continuing education and career advancement opportunities, every person has a solid foundation for success. Nashville is also home to our Executive Development Program, where exceptional employees are groomed to take on CNO- and COO-level roles in our hospitals. This selective program focuses on ethics, leadership and the financial and clinical knowledge required of professionals at this level of the industry.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Communications Operator opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website