DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Quality Management Project Manager.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Quality Management Project Manager to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional a la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
Quality Management Project Manager
HCA Houston Healthcare - Houston, Texas
What you will do in this role:
The Project Manager be responsible for the completion of the project as a representative of HCA Healthcare Houston in partnership with IMH. The key responsibility to IMH is to submit data on a monthly basis with a 45-day post-care view to the RedCAPs data system. So as not to burden hospitals with significant amounts of data collection, the demonstration project proposes to track only cases of mortality and select severe morbidities and the Project Manager will be the abstractor, collector, and validator of such data for all participating hospitals within the division. The Project Manager will work in tandem with and regularly provide updates to both the AVP of Quality and AVP of Women's and Children's Services.
Specifics to the project include:
- A case review form will be created to collect key indicators for each case of mortality and/or severe morbidity. Data that is collected will align with the state's Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) requirements.
- A Clinical Training Team will be established to train appropriate hospital staff on the case review form and how to input de-identified data monthly into RedCAPs, a secure, online system that is used in many hospital settings. Among hospitals that agree to participate in the demonstration project, appropriate staff will be trained to enter the data.
- The data analytics team, led by Dr. Cecilia Cazaban at the Center for Healthcare Data Research at UTHealth School of Public Health, will conduct audits to ensure data integrity.
- Periodically, the data analytics team will aggregate data for analysis. Importantly, findings will be reported only at the aggregate level. Individual hospital results will be reported back to them for their own use.
- Manage project activities from planning, to detailed solution design to pilot and full roll-out and implementation.
- Dually work with and provide updates to Quality and Women's and Children's Services
- Establish and maintain good relationships with the owners of said data and providers of related care at each facility.
- Maintaining integrity of all work products and data prior to external submission.
- Participation in facility M&M / QAPI meetings related to patients in the cohort group.
- Develop and submit IRB.
- Bachelors Degree required
- RN or other clinical certification required
- OB/Gyn or Women's Services experience required
- Previous experience within a multi facility environment
- Experience with, and knowledge of, hospital regulatory standards and related activities required
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Initiative and ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities.
- Strong leadership, with the ability to tailor the message to individuals and audiences across the organization.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of management, clinicians and staff.
- Performs project management administrative tasks.
- Due to the rigor and importance of this role the Project Manager will commit to 2.5 years or full-length of project completion, whichever is longer.
- Individual will not be eligible for transfer through time of project completion.
HCA Houston Healthcare is the leading provider of healthcare in the Houston area, where excellent trained physicians, nurses and allied health professionals treat almost a million patients and provide more than $2 billion in charity care every year. With an employee base of 15,000, HCA Houston Healthcare's comprehensive network includes 14 hospitals, nine outpatient surgery centers, nine freestanding emergency centers and numerous freestanding diagnostic imaging facilities in the greater Houston area.
HCA Houston Healthcare is part of HCA Healthcare's Gulf Coast Division, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities in the Gulf Coast Division include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center that provides one phone call access and support for patient transfers into and out of the HCA Gulf Coast Division affiliated hospitals as well as access to ground and air transportation within a 150-mile radius. HCA Gulf Coast Division is part of HCA Healthcare, the nation's leading provider of quality healthcare services with 184 hospitals in the United States and England.
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere's most ethical company's in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our recruiters for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website