Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Mechanic II.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake - Clear Lake, TX
Mechanic II - Maintenance
What you will do in this role:
- Performs hands-on repairs and maintenance to plumbing, electrical equipment, HVAC equipment, control systems and refrigeration systems on the main hospital campus, as well as 3 offsite MOB's.
- Performs and/or Manages the repairs, maintenance on PM's of all communication systems, using either qualified in-house personnel or outside vendors.
- Performs and/or Manages comprehensive grounds maintenance to ensure that the Medical Center grounds are adequately maintained from both an appearance and a safety standpoint.
- Assists all other Department personnel with non-maintenance tasks. Will be a team player for the good of all the staff.
- Completes, on time, a thorough annual performance evaluation.
- Advises the Director of any structural changes and additions. Prepares plans for small alterations and remodeling. Estimates costs of remodeling; plans workflow and alteration progress.
- Maintains and Updates all Standards of Operation documentation, as related to the JCAHO Environment of Care. Must have an accreditation with accommodations.
- Studies and Works with outside vendors to keep the facilities up-to-date, related to energy management programs, operations, equipment and techniques.
- Plans and Schedules repairs from outside vendors. Must ensure that the work meets (if not exceeds) the present operations and does not affect the facilities daily operations. Prepares documentation for the Director's approval.
- Acts as an in-house Fire Marshall, Safety Office and Security Officer for the hospital and MOB/POB's. Must keep appropriate records, and provide for adequate fire drills and all inspections performed by outside vendors.
- Evaluates all mechanical and electrical systems on an annual basis, to prepare improvements and replacement for capital request process.
- Will work with all personnel (hands on) to assist, train or just set the example for the Plant Operations personnel to flow; (Highly productive).
- Works as the Director in his absence; completing all paperwork, project and operations continuously.
- Maintains and ensure all Plant Operations areas are clean and safe. Paints according to codes, and is ready for spot-inspections.
- Assists willingly all of the Plant Operations technicians, as needed or as directed.
- Adheres to hospital and Department policies and procedures.
- Responds to all emergency codes.
What qualification you will need:
- 1-3 years of previous experience in a commercial power plant setting (Hospital setting is preferred). Must have working knowledge in cooling/heating systems, electrical systems, mechanical systems, control systems, electronic systems and emergency power systems, etc
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lakeis a 530+ bed hospital where sophisticated, world-class medicine meets the comfort, care and convenience of a community hospital. For more than 40 years, we have proudly been providing high quality, cost-effective, comprehensive healthcare to the Houston Bay Area. We opened our doors in 1972 and now employ 2,000+ staff members and 900+ physicians in a wide range of specialties. Our specialists offer more talent and experience than any other hospital in the region. We are a Level II Trauma Center and the only exclusive heart hospital south of Houston. Our accredited center provides nationally-recognized care in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and recovery of cardiovascular diseases. HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake offers a variety of other services, including Woman Services, Pediatric Care, Breast Diagnostic Center, ACR-accredited Imaging Center, Wound Care Treatment Center featuring Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, and much more. We are members of HCA Houston Healthcare, the most comprehensive family of hospitals in the region and part of the leading provider of healthcare in the country, HCA Healthcare. Together we are stronger, smarter and more accessible in providing the patient-centered care you need close to home.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website