SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a CT Technologist to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball – Tomball, TexasCT Technologist – Imaging
HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball is a 350-bed offering a wide variety of services, including emergency care, labor and delivery, a level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), general surgery, orthopedics, and robotic surgery. The hospital's 150-acre campus also features The Tomball Regional Orthopedic Center, The Women's Center, Texas Sports Medicine Center, and The Heart and Vascular Center.
HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.What you will do in this role:
- Performs screening and physician ordered diagnostic and interventional imaging CT procedures.
- Confirms, clarifies and verifies the physician written or verbal order prior to implementing the imaging procedure.
- Performs and confirms proper patient identification prior to performing the patient procedure.
- Corroborates patient's clinical history with procedure, ensuring information is documented and available.
- Appropriately documents findings relevant to the imaging procedures in Technologist Notes.
- Prepares the patient for imaging procedures, providing education and instructions to obtain desired results, gaining cooperation, and minimizing the patient's anxiety.
- Appropriately operates imaging equipment, and/or associated accessories to successfully perform procedures.
- Positions patient to best demonstrate anatomic area of interest, respecting patient ability and comfort. Appropriately immobilizes patients as required for the examination.
- Identifies, prepares and/or administers appropriate contrast media as determined by the procedure ordered. Starts and maintains intravenous (IV) access per orders when applicable to the imaging procedure.
- Determines appropriate imaging technique/exposure factors.
- Evaluates images for technical quality, ensuring proper identification is recorded.
- Applies principles of ALARA and radiation protection to minimize exposure to patient, self, and others.
- Implements appropriate infection control and standard precautions.
- Applies principles of patient safety during all aspects of imaging procedures, including assisting and transporting patients.
- Maintains confidentiality of the patient's PHI in accordance with the HIPPA.
- Verifies informed consent is obtained for interventional procedures.
- Assists Radiologist with specialized interventional imaging procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for provision of physical and psychological needs of patients during procedures.
- Initiates basic life support, or other emergency actions when necessary.
- Provides practical instruction and supervision for students and/or other health care professionals.
QualificationsWhat qualifications you will need:
- Recent graduate of an applicable CT training program or a minimum of three years' experience as a Registered Radiologic Technologist.
- If new hire with previous CT experience, recent graduate of CT program, or internal transfer, must successfully obtain CT registry at least 2 weeks prior to 1st annual evaluation as a CT Technologist at TRH.
- Current Certification by the Texas Department of State Health Services required
- ARRT: American Registry of Radiologic Technologists required
- Current BLS/CPR required
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website