Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Registered Nurse - Nursery to join our healthcare family.Benefits
HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse's path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Registered Nurse - Nursery opportunity.Job Summary and Qualifications
What you will do in this role:
- The Registered Nurse coordinates, supervises and is accountable for safe professional nursing care of patients within an assigned department.
- Achieves professional goals set during previous evaluation period
- Demonstrates professional behavior and conduct at all times
- Demonstrates and maintains good employee/peer relationship and teamwork
- Prioritize work and duties and work well under stressful situations
- Demonstrate good communication and customer service skills with patients, families, physicians, peers and healthcare team
- Demonstrates accountability for direct patient care, applies nursing process, prioritizes care and evaluates outcome caring for and stabilizing premature and term neonates with critical medical and surgical conditions
- Participates and facilitates in the discharge planning process and cost containment
- Documents all aspects of patient care efficiently, accurately and per policy recommendations.
- Delegate's patient care to license/ non-licensed nursing staff, based on acuity, needs of patient, staff availability and qualifications
- Participates in Performance Improvement activity
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of approved and accredited nursing program
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing is required or must be currently enrolled.
- Current RN Licensure in the State of Texas.
- American Heart Association BLS certification required
- American Heart Association NRP certification within 90 days of hire.
- Six months to one year of clinical experience.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast is a full-service 340+ bed acute care hospital in Pasadena, Texas. We have been a leader of medical care in Pasadena for more than 50 years. With board-certified physicians, registered nurses and expert technicians, the community has come to rely on us for top-quality, comprehensive and compassionate healthcare. HCA Houston Southeast is the only hospital in Pasadena with both Chest Pain Center Accreditation with Primary PCI and Resuscitation by the American College of Cardiology and full accreditation by The Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. We are members of HCA Houston Healthcare, the most comprehensive family of hospitals in the region and part of the leading provider of healthcare in the country, HCA Healthcare. Together we are stronger, smarter and more accessible in providing the patient-centered care you need close to home.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Registered Nurse - Nursery opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website