***POSITION is NOT a Telecommuter role. IT CAN BE LOCATED IN ANY OF THESE HCSC'S OFFICES IN TEXAS: RICHARDSON, AUSTIN, HOUSTON, SAN ANTONIO WITH A FLEX/HYBRID WORK SCHEDULE***
**Must have good communication skills, client-interfacing and relationship-building experience, Presentation skills and Managed Care experience**
This strategic clinical pharmacist position is responsible for providing pharmacy consultative sales and account management support for commercial employer groups as part of a dynamic growing team. The Clinical Account Consultant Pharmacist will support a designated group of employer accounts alongside an integrated medical and pharmacy account management support team and holds a central role in interpreting and applying pharmacy and healthcare market trends across medical, behavioral health, and pharmacy benefits. Successful pharmacists in this role effectively interpret pharmacy utilization trends to address member inquiries, provide recommendations and inform employer group decisions. Sample day-to-day activities include employer retention efforts such as annual or quarterly plan utilization review meetings, routine employer account management meetings, presenting and recommending pharmacy program strategies, participating within internal work groups in developing or enhancing programs, products or reporting (among others). Critical to this role will be abilities to evaluate pharmacy industry and market events and application to employer group utilization and/or cost trends, assess and apply clinical literature, effectively build and cultivate relationships with employers, consultant partners and internal stakeholders. The Clinical Account Consultant Pharmacist may provide consultative support for new sales opportunities and ensure successful clinical program implementation for new employer's pharmacy benefits. This position is an individual contributor role but requires the ability to effectively manage across a matrixed organization and complete deliverables. The Clinical Account Consultant Pharmacist role typically includes a mix of in-office and remote work, with in-person employer and consultant meetings (COVID pandemic currently impacting in-person employer meetings to some extent based on industry segment).
Required Job Qualifications:
* Registered Pharmacist (eligible for licensure in the State of TX).
* 4 years of managed care pharmacy experience or 4 years of consulting experience in the pharmacy benefits industry (completion of managed care residency can substitute for 4 years of experience requirements)
* Knowledge of pharmacy benefits products, services and concepts
* Analytical skills including developing reports and synthesizing data to tell a story and develop recommendations
* Written and verbal communications skills including developing presentations and presenting to external business leaders or large audiences
* Collaboration skills to work across organization on problem resolution, negotiation, consensus building, conflict management, and decision-making skills
* Relationship-building skills to build strong customer relationships
* Project management skills and experience
* Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Vizio) and various clinical/business databases
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
Sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website