Berg Companies, Inc., a subsidiary of Hunter Defense Technologies, Inc. is seeking motivated and dedicated individuals for several Assembler openings. Both direct hire and temp-to-hire positions are available.
The assembler assembles products until they are completed to acceptance test procedures and routing operations by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs bench-type processes to complete mechanical and electrical assemblies and subassemblies, using hand tools and electronic and pneumatic tooling
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations
- Performs prescribed preventative maintenance as required per P.M. charts
- Completes tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules with minimum supervision
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED diploma, or 3-6 months related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
OTHER JOB RELATED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and understands blueprints
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to vibration. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly life and move up to 10 pounds. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Apply on company website