The Supply Chain Buyer is responsible for supporting company delivery and inventory turns objectives through:
- Timely and competitive procurement of raw materials & subcontract services
- Timely job scheduling and release that support production capacity constraints and customer delivery expectations
- Regular monitoring of open order status to identify potential delivery risks and recommend countermeasures
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors short and long term material requirements needs, develops and implements effective plans to assure material availability using SAP to manage and action daily ERP messages
- Controls the flow of material from the supplier and on the production floor.
- Manages non-conforming material (return material, identify replacement, cost of quality etc.)
- Immediately communicates product revision changes to supplier.
- Responsible for making what, when and how much decisions regarding material procurement and production.
- Monitors supplier on time delivery performance and escalates as necessary to commodity manager if chronic delivery issues are identified.
- Sends open order report to supplier weekly to ensure current schedule is accurate
- Ensures that SAP reflects the most up to date delivery schedule from suppliers with no due dates in the past, Manage PO Confirmations, Statistical Dates and Delivery Dates in SAP
- Monitor supplier shortages, shortage analysis and communication to appropriate team(s) as necessary
- Monitors supplier quality levels and escalates as necessary to commodity manager if chronic delivery issues are identified.
- Initiates actions as necessary for the participation of Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality Assurance to resolve day to day supplier concerns.
- Has an active role in maintaining inventories at minimal levels
- Engages with supervisors & managers in decreasing or adjusting stock quantities as appropriate.
- Performs daily expediting to ensure high service levels to our customers
- Takes a proactive role in continuous improvement of SAP parameters
- Supports, communicates, reinforces and defends the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Adheres to all quality and safety standards
- Supports other projects and performs duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Business/Operations or Supply Chain preferred
- 2-3 years of operations experience with a Bachelor degree in Business/Operations or Supply Chain preferred
- Experience in ERP systems, SAP desired
OTHER RELATED JOB SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to multi-task, handling quick turnaround
- Ability to identify problem issues and escalate and/or execute acceptable solutions
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with customers, suppliers and employees/managers at all levels within the company
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to maintain safe work environment
- Possesses strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in standard business software packages (e.g., Microsoft Office)
- Must be able to speak, read and understand English.
Equal Opportunity Employer of protected Veterans, disabled individuals or other individuals regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, age or sexual orientation
Apply on company website