This position manages employees in an inventory parts movement environment and all operations/ transactions. Recommends improvements in inventory control methods, operating procedures and working conditions and assures employee compliance with company policies and procedures. Responsible for the facilitation and execution of annual physical inventory, maintaining inventory system accuracy and data integrity and associated administrative tasks, monitoring the cycle count program and researching inventory discrepancies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages all inventory operations including picking and returning parts to and from the designated production floor area
- Manages and directs work activities of all inventory employees which includes receiving, stockroom and shipping
- Oversight and accountability for inventory management and count accuracy
- Facilitation and execution of annual physical inventory
- Responsible for receiving functions
- Supervise the entry of receiving transactions to ensure accuracy
- May ensure incoming shipments are inspected for visible damage and process insurance claim with freight carrier when necessary
- May supervise raw material movement within manufacturing facility to ensure on time delivery to work centers
- Coordinates departmental activities to fulfill sales orders, meet inventory requirements, and assist operations to ensure on time delivery of products to the customer
- Ensure that established procedures are being followed and sustained at all times
- Manages departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports to the General Manager and/or Director of Operations
- Responsible for and/or provides recommendations for employee hiring and retention, performance evaluation (including grade and wage progression) and discipline
- Ensures effective employee relations.
- Provides employee coaching, development and conflict resolution
- Adheres to all safety standards
- Identify, investigate and resolve inventory discrepancies
- Perform inventory transaction (adjustments, moves, issues, receipts, etc.)
- Initiate and enter cycle counts on various product lines and/or inventory when required
- Post project labor, resource and WIP relief transactions
- Enter, complete and close job orders when necessary
- Supports other projects and performs duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION: Associates degree or equivalent combination of education & experience. Bachelor's degree preferred. APICS, CSCP and/or CPIM preferred.
WORK EXPERIENCE: Minimum 5 years of Inventory Control experience in a manufacturing environment, including supervisory responsibility is required.
OTHER JOB RELATED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Customer-focused, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong organizational and time management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in stressful environments
- Ability to set/meet goals
- Ability to work a varied schedule, including additional hours as necessary
- Six Sigma, Kaizen training preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with employees and managers at all levels within the company
- Possess strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in standard business software packages (e.g., Microsoft Office)
- Experience in ERP systems, SAP preferred
Apply on company website