The Lean Manufacturing/Industrial Engineer is responsible for developing and implementing the Lean culture in plant operations, promoting understanding and applications of Lean/Six-Sigma principles and tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze current work practices to identify areas for improvement for business and manufacturing processes.
- Develop Lean implementation strategy to be recommended to management.
- Implement standard work, visual factory and error proofing (poka yoke)
- Process mapping, value stream mapping, identifying inefficiencies
- Apply statistical methods and performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency
- Lead Kaizen Event
- Deploy appropriate methodologies of problem solving
- Carry out time and motion studies to support productivity improvements
- Develop lean manufacturing cells using effective systems and tools to optimize use of space, equipment, material and personnel
- Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of cells, processes and related equipment
- Develop and implement training program for office and shop floor personnel
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization.
- Adheres to all quality and safety standards
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Engineering or equivalent. Lean/Six-Sigma Green/Black Belt certification desired.
Minimum of three (3) years of experience of lean manufacturing implementation; Kaizen and Lean manufacturing; strong knowledge in written product specifications; strong analytical and problem solving skills; possess quality orientation and high attention to detail
OTHER JOB RELATED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with customers, vendors, employees and managers at all levels within the company
- Possesses strong leadership ability
- Possesses effective oral and written communication skills
- Possesses high attention to detail
- Possess strong skills with demonstrated proficiency in standard business software packages (e.g., Microsoft Office)
Apply on company website