This position performs precision inspections on a variety of components, subassemblies and finished product using customer specifications, military specifications and industry standard specifics along with standard and special purpose measuring tools, instruments and equipment. The following duties and responsibilities will be delegated and defined by the Quality Manager or Corporate Quality Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs inspection activities, to assess conformance of products to the design as defined by engineering drawings, blueprints, schematics, quality specifications/quality plans
- Interprets engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards
- Inspects products, components, subassemblies, and/or systems to ensure conformance to requirements.
- Identifies nonconforming conditions that present existing or impending defective conditions at the system or subsystem level of assembly.
- Prepares inspection plans and checklists for inspection
- Records variable data of inspections into ERP
- Generate discrepancy notices and initiate Material Review Board actions
- Perform material movement transactions after completion of inspection process
- May specialize in receiving inspection, in-process inspection, process verification/auditing, final inspection and other area's as assigned.
- Recognizes and takes action to correct apparent discrepancies in specifications and procedures
- Determines the method and process needed to measure blueprint conformance on parts according to tolerances and normal gauge practices
- Read, understand and interpret part and gauge GD&T and coordinate drawings / models as it applies to gauging and measurements
- Supports, communicates, reinforces and defends the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Adheres to all quality and safety standards
- Support other projects and performs duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent. ASQ or equivalent Quality Inspection certification preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and wiring schematics; experience in the use of inspection equipment including but not limited to calipers, micrometers and height gages; experience in First Article and First Piece inspection process; knowledge of manufacturing, ISO 9001 Quality Management System; knowledge of ANSI Y 14.5 Geometric, Dimensioning & Tolerancing; good mechanical/technical skills and ability to read engineering drawings; GD&T proficiency is highly desirable; previous metrology experience.
OTHER JOB RELATED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and experience in Lean Manufacturing methods is highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to work in a self-directed environment.
- Abilty to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work a varied schedule, willing to work overtime when necessary
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with employees and managers at all levels within the company
- Possesses strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in standard business software packages (e.g., Microsoft Office)
- Experience in ERP systems, SAP desired
- Must be able to speak, read and understand English
Apply on company website