Berg Companies, Inc., a subsidiary of Hunter Defense Technologies, Inc. is seeking motivated and dedicated individuals. Successful job applicants will be required to start their position through a staffing agency with the potential for fulltime employment with our company.
The primary function of this position is responsibility for various types of weld preparation, welding and weld finishing operations to manufacture product to work orders, customer specifications, or other forms of instruction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proficient in assigned welding techniques such as MIG, TIG, torch or plasma arc
- Interprets mechanical drawings, as directed by supervision, includes a working knowledge and understanding of weld symbols
- Possesses a working knowledge of fixtures and weld set up parameters (amps, volts, etc.)
- Utilizes conventional measuring instruments such as a tape measure
- Process inspection, certification, and documentation
- Performs welding equipment maintenance
- Finishes grinding applications using manual and power tools
- Supports, communicates, reinforces and defends the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Adheres to all quality and safety standards
- Supports other projects and performs duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED preferred. In lieu of diploma, relevant work experience demonstrating the required job skills and abilities needed to successfully perform the job
- Minimum 1-3 years of industry experience
OTHER JOB RELATED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Successful completion of a HDT Global welding test, and the ability to achieve certification to customer requirements as applicable
- Reads/understands shop drawings, blueprints and technical drawings as directed by supervision
- Reads work orders, instructions, formulas, or processing charts
- Understands technical operating, service or repair manuals
- Exhibits problem solving knowledge involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Possesses knowledge of reading conventional measuring instruments
- Operation of small power tools, other hand tools and computerized and high-pressure equipment
- Ability to work from verbal and written instructions
- Works as a member of a team
- Exhibits flexibility to work adjusted schedules and work overtime when required
- Goal oriented and team focused to ensure completion of projects in a timely manner
- Must be able to speak, read and understand English
Apply on company website