We are currently seeking a Design Technology Specialist to join our team. As a Design Technology Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting project teams through application of expert Revit knowledge and other buildingSMART techniques. Specialized responsibilities per department assignment are listed in the description below.
- Provides expertise and/or advisement to project teams for implementation of Revit and buildingSMART techniques.
- Provides feedback on project-based activities to the firm-wide buildingSMART team.
- Supports the development of HOK BIM standards and content for specific disciplines.
- Can be a resource and team member in all phases of projects.
- Maintains current knowledge of design software, industry developments in integrated practice, and other applicable techniques.
- Acts as leader and mentor by coaching and motivating project team members in the use of advanced Revit technologies.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Utilizes specialist knowledge to conduct complex modeling, data management, analysis and/or optimization for architectural designs such as building massing or exterior enclosures.
- Provides specialized design analyses such as pedestrian/egress simulation, sustainable design analysis, or code compliance analysis.
- Advanced knowledge in building information modeling programs and applicable techniques.
- Expertise in Revit and other BIM tools required.
- Proficiency in MS Office Outlook, Word and Excel required.
- Knowledge about sustainability, integrated design, and LEED guidelines.
- Experience with programming/scripting languages such as: C#, Java, VBA, Python preferred
- Ability to effectively meet and accommodate deadlines on multiple projects.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing and provide timely feedback and guidance to the Design Team.
- Experience with modeling applications preferred: Rhino, Grasshopper, Solidworks, Catia, Digital Project, Massmotion, Radiance, Diva
- Bachelor's degree in architecture, engineering, or a related discipline required.
- Minimum of one year specialist knowledge of software development for building architectural applications.
- Minimum of one year of discipline-specific modeling experience working on one or more of the following building types: commercial, corporate, institutional/civic, justice, science/technology, aviation, or healthcare.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) or PE preferred, if applicable.
- Experience working and coordinating with integrated teams.
- LEED credential required within 6 months.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
Apply on company website