HOK's interior design teams create holistic solutions for places that reflect who organizations are and what they aspire to be. We use space, color, materials and light as tools to create healthy, uplifting environments. These spaces enhance people's lives in the places they gather: offices, airports, hospitals, hotels, sports venues, schools, labs and more. The lines between work, life and play continue to blur, providing opportunities to bring together elements from previously distinct spaces. Our interior designers leverage this space fusion to create multidimensional, experiential environments shaped by the people who use them.
We are currently seeking an Interior Design Professional to join our team in Texas (Houston, Dallas or Austin). As an Interior Design Professional, you are responsible for basic interior design assignments and working with the project team to assist overall effort of completing various project phases.
- Modifies and prepares production drawings during design development phase.
- Develops solutions to technical and design problems following established standards.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings.
- Builds models for client/project team review.
- Compiles data and performs elementary design computations.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Possess basic hand and computer-aided design drafting skills.
- Possess space planning skills and an interest in programming.
- Basic knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, materials application and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
- Basic knowledge of furniture, fixture and equipment (FF&E), architectural/interior finishes, lighting, art signage, color and materials to carry out design intent.
- Basic knowledge of building regulations and safety codes.
- Basic knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Knowledge of buildingSMART, Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project Delivery (IPD).
- Proven ability to prioritize in order to meet deadlines and provide high quality service to clients.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Proficiency in the basic technical skills of interior design including the following computer skills:
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in Trimble Connect preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop.
- Proficiency in Revit is preferred.
- Knowledge of 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max and Viz 2006.
- Knowledge of Affinity or Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in architecture, interior design or foreign equivalent.
- 0 to 4 years experience; or equivalent in appropriate education and experience required.
- LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.
HOK is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive benefits plan to meet their current and future needs. Benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage; 401(K) savings plans; disability, life and accident insurance; paid time off (PTO); and parental leave. In addition, HOK employees enjoy a flexible work schedule with the option to work remotely on Mondays and Fridays.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
Apply on company website