We are currently seeking a Sustainable Design Specialist to join our team. As a Sustainable Design Specialist, you are responsible for providing sustainable design leadership and coordination, energy and environmental analysis for planning, architecture, and interiors projects, as well as oversight for certification under sustainability, health and wellness standards such as LEED, BREEAM, WELL and fitwel. You will also contribute to marketing pursuits and participate in a broad range of sustainable consulting services.
3+ years' experience and LEED Credential required. Candidates may upload work samples/portfolio or provide a link to an electronic version in order to be considered.
- Provide sustainable design analysis, conceptual energy modeling, and sustainable consulting services.
- Consulting with multiple internal design teams on LEED, WELL, BREEAM, fitwel and sustainable projects.
- Assist designers, clients, engineers and contractors with sustainable design research and implementation.
- Support consulting with exterior clients on building and non-building projects and collaborate on firm wide sustainable design and consulting projects.
- Goal setting and benchmarking projects under HOK's AIA 2030 commitment.
- Prepare materials for sustainable design awards.
- Support sustainable design education program and credential maintenance for the San Francisco practice.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Take personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices
- Knowledge of sustainability, building science, integrated design and 3rd party certification processes.
- Presentation and communication skills, including professional writing and basic graphic skills.
- Experience with coordination of team/resources to undertake multiple projects or facets of various projects.
- Strong organizational skills to manage documentation and information and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in team environment and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Revit, Sketch-Up, Rhino, Grasshopper and/or related software.
- Experience and skills relating to energy and environmental performance: Conceptual Energy Modeling; Daylight Analysis; Renewable Energy Systems and Lifecycle Analysis (LCA).
- Proficiency in use of Design Analysis software: Revit Insight, Grasshopper, DIVA, Honeybee, Ladybug, Tally, EnergyPlus, eQuest, IES, WUFI, THERM, HEAT3.
Bachelor degree in architecture, mechanical or environmental engineering, interiors or sustainable design required; Master's degree preferred.
- 3+ years' experience desirable.
- LEED credential required; specialty credential highly desirable.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Apply on company website