HOK is seeking a Visualization Specialist for work with our Experience Design team in Chicago.
- With direction from the Project Architect, Project Designer or Project Manager, develops visualization materials according to established standards ensuring design intent
- Develops strong presentations and early design studies. Prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings and builds models for client/project team review.
- Provides 3D model and visualization services to HOK's design teams which includes but is not limited to: 3D modeling and rendering, comparative design evaluation in lighting, material, geometry, etc., virtual prototypes and mock-ups, artificial and natural lighting studies, interactive panoramic walkthroughs, animation walkthroughs and historical virtual reconstruction and 2D illustrations.
- Works closely with Project Designers to understand the project and offers visualization or animation solutions for client presentations that work structurally, aesthetically and realistically.
- Utilizes BIM modeling, infrastructure modeling and digital prototyping processes for informed decision making processes
- Interacts with Project Designers throughout development to receive input and constructive criticism; allows designers to test and evaluate projects prior to construction for risk reduction and defensible project representations.
- Creates unique designs and branded signage programs for complex wayfinding projects.
- Understand target audiences' cognitive, cultural, physical and social environment to lead in the planning and executing of design.
- Plan, analyze and create visual solutions to communication problems.
- Assist in all phases of project planning and implementation including concept design, design development, construction development, construction documents, bidding and fabrication for wayfinding/signage and graphic/branding projects in the studio.
- May participate in marketing efforts with other senior staff such as client interviews and proposal preparation.
- Manifests visual representations such as: still images, animations, virtual tours and interactive images. Prepares files, photographs, prints, HTML, CDs and videos of projects for the presentation and communication of projects. Ensures design intent and function is reflected through accurate project representations.
- Develops a standard style for both photorealistic and stylized imagery for implementation on all projects.
- May translate design/schematic drawing sets and CAD-based construction documents into 3D models.
- May translate computer models into physical models by preparing data for architectural model shop equipment.
- Reads blueprints, Auto Cad files, 3D digital models, topological maps, drawings, or written specifications to determine project delivery requirements.
- May use machines and tools such as table saws, band saws, planers, jointers, hand-tools, etc. to create models and displays and applies finishes such as shellac, lacquer or wax, etc. to models and displays
- Responsible for adherence to project budget and schedule.
- Maintains current knowledge of multi-media and architectural software applications, prototyping, materials, manufacturing techniques and incorporates this knowledge into project work.
- Archives projects in a systematic and accessible manner.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Overtime may be required.
- The job duties and requirements that this document describes may be altered or supplemented at any time at the sole discretion of HOK.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Strong knowledge of architectural building systems.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in NewForma preferred.
- Excellent Rhinoceros3D, 3DMAX and Photoshop skills.
- Proficiency in Grasshopper, Revit, and SketchUp graphic software.
- Proficiency in Mac-based studio utilizing Adobe Creative Suite for design (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
- Proficiency in Revit and BIM preferred.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in architecture, graphics, industrial design or equivalent.
- 4 years' experience; or equivalent in appropriate education and experience required.
- 3 years' experience with 3D modeling, digital rendering, visualization and simulation in the design and/or construction environment.
- LEED accreditation or Green Associate preferred.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
Apply on company website