Hospice Nurse - On Call (RN)
Holyoke Visiting Nurse Association & Hospice Life Care - Holyoke, MA 01040
As a successful and growing agency, Holyoke VNA & Hospice Life Care is looking for an experienced Registered Nurse who wants to service our community in an on-call capacity. We are looking for compassionate detail oriented nurses to provide on-call to our patients. On-call RN coverage will be provided between the hours of 4:30PM and 8:00AM Monday through Thursday and 4:30PM Friday through 8:00AM Monday, and any other time the office is closed to assure appropriate follow-up at all times to hospice patients. When patient calls come in after 4:30PM, the answering service will pass on every call to the on-call nurse. He/she will provided follow through appropriate to the call and will make a home visit if one is needed.
Responsibilities may include any and all of the following:
- May include admissions, symptom management visits and/or pronouncement visits.
- Instruct patients and caregivers in symptom management and end of life care.
- Communicates with MD to facilitate recommendations for symptoms and pain management.
- Evaluate outcomes of nursing intervention and initiate changes when appropriate
- Collaborate, communicate and cooperate as appropriate with other health care providers to ensure quality and continuity of care.
- Complete, maintain and submit accurate and timely documentation and relevant clinical notes regarding the patient's condition and care and treatment provided.
Job Type: Part-time
- Hospice: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- Registered Nurse (RN)
Apply to this job