HouseSmart Construction CDL Driver - Kingsport, TN
Position Description: CDL Toter Driver
The Toter plays a key role in ensuring materials are consistently delivered to job sites as anticipated. The primary responsibility of this position is to drive to and from pre-arranged sites where materials are being delivered as needed. In order to accomplish this, a Toter must perform daily pre and post trip inspections and keep consistent and accurate written records of findings and observations.
- Maintain professionalism while on the highway, including knowing and abiding by all DOT regulations (i.e. maintenance of service logs, speed limits, warnings)
- Safe and effective transportation of the oversized load within the region.
- Safe operation of all equipment including daily maintenance checks and electronic driver logs.
- Partner with Dispatchers and Pilot/Escort Drivers to coordinate daily permits and load selection scheduled for delivery
- Coordinate pick up of the scheduled oversized load.
- Coordinate deliver and placement of the oversized load in the appointed retail location.
- Provide route information and best practices to the oversized load team.
- Returns to the terminal with completed delivery paperwork in a timely manner.
- Carry out end of shift/day clean up procedures, such as cleaning and servicing of workstations and equipment.
- Reports any traffic accidents or load damages to the local authorities and dispatch team in a timely manner.
- Additional Specific duties as applicable
- Ability to work in all environments (extreme heat/cold, rain/snow)
- Applicants are subject to a criminal background check and must pass a pre-employment drug screen
- 2+ years of Class A CDL Driving Experience
- Excellent driving record
- Friendly, cooperative, and a team player
- Committed to a high level of customer satisfaction and takes pride in their work
- Strong communication, analytical and reasoning skills
- Professional and friendly customer service-oriented attitude
- Basic mechanical and computer skills
- Able to lift at least 100lbs
- Able to stand, stoop, push, pull, bend and climb for long periods of time
- Other physical duties, as needed
- Comprehensive Benefit Package - Medical, Dental, Life, Vision and 401k with aggressive employer match
- Generous Time-Off Policy – 6 Paid Holidays + Paid Time Off (PTO) after 90 days.
- Reasonable overtime and / or bonuses
- Company paid uniforms
Join us and experience the pride of creating something great everyday with your own hands!
Apply on company website