Bring Your Passion to the Forefront:
Maintenance Worker -Rotating/ Part time- On call
Join the hospital trusted by Chicago's Southland, Ingalls Memorial Hospital, in this role as an Maintenance Worker for our Plant Operations Department.
Under the supervision of the Facility Manager, the Maintenance Worker performs various repairs, maintenance & preventive maintenance along with urgent corrective and routine repairs, which will consist of and may not be limited to mechanical, plumbing, electrical, carpentry throughout the campus and as outlined in the current CBA. The Maintenance Worker reflects the mission, vision and values of UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial Hospital and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of 3 years related maintenance experience desired.
- Must have proficient knowledge in plumbing, mechanical, minor electrical and maintenance and building operations.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
- Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of current TJC, IDPH regulations
- General Knowledge of the Building Automation, Fire Alarm, Tube System, Elevator Computer systems
- The physical demand level of strenuous activity includes a high degree of physical effort consisting of lifting in excess of 50 pounds; standing and walking during the work day; pulling and pushing up to, and in excess of 150 pounds of force; with a high range of climbing, bending and stooping in order to complete repair/job. Must be able to work from ladders and scaffolds. Must be able and willing to work in inclement weather. Inability to perform the physical requirements of this position would pose a significant, if not direct, threat to the operations of the department.
Ingalls is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website