Bring Your Passion to the Forefront:
Armed Public Safety Officer - Full time - rotating
Join the hospital trusted by Chicago's Southland, Ingalls Memorial Hospital, in this role as a Public Safety Officer with our Security department.
Under the direct supervision of the on-duty Supervisor, the Public Safety officer provides security protection for the hospital campus. Performs services and provides assistance to patients, visitors, and staff, when required per hospital and departmental policies, using tact and courtesy at all times.
Security Officer Required Qualifications
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required with one or more years' experience in civil/private security, military, police, or police-related experience (honorable discharge mandatory) is required OR an Associate's degree without experience is required.
- Must hold a current CPR certification through the American Heart Association (AHA).
- CPI certification is required upon hire, or within 60 days of hire.
- Successful completion of 40-hour State of Illinois Semi-Automatic Firearms Certification course (Tan Card) in a state accredited school is expected.
- Must have a valid driver's license with no DUIs, wants, or warrants.
- Must have a good command of the English language with excellent communication skills.
- The physical demand level and degree of strenuous activity ranges from light sedentary work to constant standing and walking to frequent very heavy work involving lifting up to and in excess of 100 pounds of force and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force to move objects.
- More than average visual and oral acuity is required to complete reports, observe situations of a security nature, converse on standard two-way radio and to receive instructions. Must be able to withstand exposure to all climatic changes, since job requires one to be constantly inside and outside.
- Must demonstrate understanding and have full appreciation of civil laws and hospital policies and procedures.
- Must have no recent felony convictions for five years.
- Requires emotional stability and mature judgement to handle difficult, stressful situations.
- Must demonstrate a courteous and persuasive demeanor when communicating with all levels of the organization and visitors.
- Must be discreet in the use of confidential information.
- Must possess and maintain own firearm according to department policy.
Apply on company website