Join the hospital trusted by Chicago's Southland, Ingalls Memorial Hospital, in this role as a Urgent Aid Registered Nurse/RN with Family Care Center Calumet City
In this role as an Urgent Aid Registered Nurse/RN you are under the direction of the Director and Manager of Urgent Aid, the Registered Nurse functions as an interactive resource in clinical nursing and professional practice.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the coordinating of and performing direct nursing care for patients, utilizing concepts of the nursing process. Serves as resource, preceptor, mentor and leader for physicians, professional peers and other fellow employees.
Collaborates closely with physicians to assess, design, coordinate, implement, and evaluate the patient's plan of care and the patient's outcomes. Demonstrates the necessary skills and knowledge to provide complex nursing skills and delegates tasks to other team members according to job specific competencies as appropriate to the age of the patients served as delineated in the Urgent Aid Scope of Care. Responsible for and monitors the quality of patient care and patient satisfaction. Accurately and independently pursues professional development opportunities. Assumes responsibility to assure the daily operations of the department are effectively and efficiently maintained.
- 1 year Emergency Department or Med/Surg experience preferred
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, ADN is required
- Current Registered Nurse Licensure State of Illinois Department of Professional Regulation or valid temporary permit to practice nursing in the State of Illinois
- Competencies, as required by job description.
- Must have worked in an acute care or related role providing nursing care to patients within at least the last five years.
- Current BLS certification.
- ACLS certification within 1 year of hire date.
- PALS certification within 2 years of hire date.
- Job Type/FTE: Part Time 12 hour
- Shift: Night
- Calumet City Family Care Center
- CBA Code: Non Union
Must comply with Ingalls Memorial Hospital's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.
Apply on company website