Requisition Number: 80384
The incumbent is responsible for the identification and development of business process changes and improvements for one or multiple business areas at Insight. This usually requires analysis of what is needed and development of functional and/or process requirements as well as the documentation, training, and testing, requisite changes. This person will consult with department and business counterparts to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program objectives. The incumbent will have knowledge of commonly used business and system concepts, practices, and procedures. The incumbent will rely on instructions, policy, and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job and will work under general supervision.
Communication in a number of areas is essential for this position. The incumbent must participate actively as a liaison and ambassador between the business community and the technical community. The incumbent participates actively as a Business Analyst team member at the direction of the Manager of Business Process Management by passing on business, process, and system expertise to other team members in a cooperative team environment.
The incumbent should bring an understanding of business processes and business policy to the team as well as an established background in SAP. The desire to continue personal education in related areas such as business and process improvement is important.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide leadership within their functional area(s) to align to the Function and processes they support in order to identify, remediate or streamline key pain points/process gaps (ID problem, Determine Plan, Facilitate the Plan, Drive the Implementation and assessment of Results)
- Manage multiple projects or programs to achieve the goals. Direct Superusers as needed to achieve goals
- Communicate to Business Architect where applicable the status, progress, and challenges of strategic goals
- Create, Recognize and drive opportunities for improvement within the function to create efficiencies or improve results
- Think and act strategically, by thinking three or four tasks ahead of a project or change requests current status
- Elicit requirements using interviews, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Identify and Engage other specialties (IT, Subject Matter Experts, Superusers and Business Architects, etc.) as needed to achieve results within the process established Portfolio Management
- Manage multiple process/system improvement projects or change requests simultaneously.
- Identify the need for and plan change management to ensure a seamless transition from existing processes to new processes, as applicable
- Conduct process analysis using standard data analysis and interview techniques. Need to be able to communicate with all levels of the organization in order to obtain information needed quickly.
- Mentor and train Superuser teammates in support of the Portfolio Process
- Must possess or drive towards a general understanding of assigned functional area and the associated business process as part of that area
- Assist Superuser community for urgent and high defects as they arise
- Actively participate and present at Change Request review meeting for assigned functional area
- Ensure that all change requests submitted to Change Request review meeting have been vetted for optimization of IT resources using the appropriate Return on Investment Analysis
- Actively participate in pre-change request meeting to assess cross functional impact
- Facilitate cross functional meetings to resolve business issues, including setting up agenda, setting up notes, defining next steps and following up on actions items
- Act as project coordinator for change request or projects assigned or within functional area of ownership
- Facilitate test script creation and execution, as applicable for project or change requests within the assigned functional area, as needed
- Ensure that all applicable process flow diagrams within assigned functional area are maintained or updated as process changes or change request occur.
- Communicate effectively and credibly with all organizational levels, with the specific ability to gain trust, draw out needs, creatively propose ideas, and discuss issues and concerns.
- Work closely with the business and technical teams to document, resolve and retest any defects that are uncovered as part of the testing activities. This may include the management of a testing issues/defects log for larger projects
- Communicate status of change requests and other programs to business units that you represent
- Pursue continuing professional education in the areas of business analysis, business strategy, process improvement, and technical skills through course training, self-study, participation in professional organizations such as ASUG, etc.
- Ensure that all change request assigned to you or your work stream are continuously maintained or managed through the Software Development Lifecycle in a timely manner and that any and all appropriate actions necessary to ensure these items are maintained properly occurs
- Act as the Project Coordinator for business or system changes within assigned or functional area of ownership, if and when a Project Manager has not been assigned to the change/project. This would include, but not limited to all expected deliverables within the Insight Project Methodology
- Facilitate the development of the necessary training and/or Change Management plan to support change requests that are moving into the production environment within assigned or functional area of ownership
- Creation and Facilitation of any necessary Pre-production Go/No-Go Calls within assigned or functional area of ownership. To include working with the various resources involved in the project (i.e. technical, business, etc.) in order to complete and prepare for the particular session.
- Work with the business Superuser to gather or review business requirements within assigned or functional area of ownership to ensure that they are complete, adequately convey the needs of the business unit and document and communicate any adverse effects on the upstream or downstream processes in the overall end to end process
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTSEducation and/or Experience
BS/BA or equivalent experience required. Minimum 7 years’ experience in requirements definition, project management, change management and problem solving preferably in a service business. Minimum 7 years’ experience working with an ERP system, preferably SAPBroad INCUMBENT expertise with one or multiple SAP R/3 Modules, and at least one implementation or upgrade required. Experience with business process analysis and change management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge in Process Flow mapping Toolset such as Microsoft Visio or a similar toolset is a plus
- Experience in SharePoint is a plus to support various aspects of a Business Analysts job functions
- Project management a plus as it relates to the business units. This includes being able to develop project plans to meet team objectives in line with project objectives, coordinate and influence team personnel, set milestones and achieving them, and providing status reports to the Management. Can conceptualize and develop creative solutions.
- Can embrace change and be a catalyst for change in the business community.
- Has participated in group work sessions making major decisions regarding workflow, business analysis, implementation planning, and system testing.
- Highly articulate in both oral and written communication, presentation, persuasion and negotiation to achieve desired result.
- Can communicate effectively and credibly with all organizational levels, with the specific ability to gain trust, draw out needs, creatively propose ideas, and immediately and expertly resolve conflicts and concerns.
- Ambitious, flexible, and aggressive. A self-starter who requires minimum supervision and adapts easily to changing work environments and requirements and can drive for results.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a teammate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
- Ability to work in a confined area.
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard, reach, stoop and kneel.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus due to computer work.
- Light to moderate lifting is required.
- Ability to uphold the stress of traveling.
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 11,000 teammates help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com.
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
- 11,000+ teammates in 21 countries providing Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ for organizations across the globe
- $9.2 billion in revenue in 2018*
- Ranked #430 on the 2019 Fortune 500, #14 on the 2019 CRN Solution Provider 500
- 2019 Adobe Americas Partner of the Year, 2019 Cisco Global-Americas Partner of the Year, 2019 Intel IoT Solutions Partner of the Year, Microsoft U.S. Azure Partner Choice Award for Data/AI, Microsoft Azure Expert Managed Services Provider
- Ranked #23 on the 2019 Fortune 50 Best Workplaces in Technology, #70 on the 2019 Fortune 100 Best Workplaces for Diversity, and #7 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2019 list of Best Places to Work (Extra Large Business)
- Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
* Proforma to include PCM, Inc. for fiscal year ended Dec. 31, 2018
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Tempe || Arizona (US-AZ) || United States (US) || None || None || US - Tempe, AZ ||
Apply on company website