Requisition Number: 80413
The VMware VCPP/MSP Sales Engineer Funded is responsible for providing pre-sales technical support and guidance to the sales organization. The VMware VCPP/MSP SE - Funded focuses on their partner’s products to achieve sales and profit goals through verbal and written interaction with the clients, and account team engagement and may additionally assist with implementations. This position leverages personal technical knowledge, partner-specific company and portfolio knowledge as well as available internal/external organizational technical resources to develop and propose solutions to client needs. This role is considered a technical expert, and will obtain the certifications necessary to support required areas of expertise. Incumbents will provide intermediate to advanced level technical assistance to sales, including qualifying opportunities, creating configurations, quoting and other technical renderings. The VMware VCPP Sales Engineer Funded is also responsible for coordinating resources to gather information to develop solutions on behalf of the Channel Managers.
What you’ll do at Insight
• Creates technically accurate solutions using partner configuration tools and creates deliverable within specified SLA’s.
• Explains the value of VCPP/MSP and recommends higher levels contracts based on consumption.
• Investigates and educates sales/clients on Insight’s service offerings.
• Solutions sells within discipline (provides alternatives, comparisons and offers latest technology).
• Provides training and mentoring to Channel Manager team.
• Fields requests and further qualifies opportunities with client/AE via discovery calls and also assess next steps of design, engaging additional Insight/Partner resources if needed.
• Must hold all baseline VMware VCPP/MSP certifications, partner specialization and advanced level Industry-standard certifications within a specific technology.
• Hold a complete understanding of funded partner tools as it relates to quote creation and/or pricing approval.
• Be able to confidently consult with both sales and external clients in assessing needs and provides Intermediate to advanced level technical support via conference call and e-mail without assistance.
• Maintains a high knowledge level of partner programs and be able to educate sales accordingly.
• Must have a working knowledge of all partner configuration tools.
• Maintains a superior level of customer service with both internal/ external clients.
• Builds Relationships with relevant Partner/Manufacturer resources. Examples: Inside Channel Support Resources/Cisco Technical Field.
• Lives Insights Core Values.
• Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need to join Insight
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in the field of Information Technology and 3-7+ years on the job experience or outside experience in similar field; or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Intermediate to advanced level of understanding in technologies.
• Hold Partner specialization within a specific technology
• Professionalism and solid phone skills are a must.
• Must be self-driven and able to work with minimal direction
• Insight will require the Sales Engineer Funded - Inside to achieve and maintain certifications on behalf of the company for their respective manufacturer. In those cases the teammate will be reimbursed for the training and related travel in conjunction with Insight’s policies. The teammate will be asked to sign training waivers in advance of the training to ensure Insight receives maximum benefit for the investment.
• Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets complex documents.
• Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
• Ability to write using original or innovative techniques or style.
• Ability to effectively present and sell solutions.
• Ability to positioning hardware, software and services.
• Ability to effectively articulate and present manufacturer solutions
• Ability to demo products / solutions.
• Ability to utilize manufacturer technical tools
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 11,000 teammates help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com.
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
- 11,000+ teammates in 21 countries providing Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ for organizations across the globe
- $9.2 billion in revenue in 2018*
- Ranked #430 on the 2019 Fortune 500, #14 on the 2019 CRN Solution Provider 500
- 2019 Adobe Americas Partner of the Year, 2019 Cisco Global-Americas Partner of the Year, 2019 Intel IoT Solutions Partner of the Year, Microsoft U.S. Azure Partner Choice Award for Data/AI, Microsoft Azure Expert Managed Services Provider
- Ranked #23 on the 2019 Fortune 50 Best Workplaces in Technology, #70 on the 2019 Fortune 100 Best Workplaces for Diversity, and #7 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2019 list of Best Places to Work (Extra Large Business)
- Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
* Proforma to include PCM, Inc. for fiscal year ended Dec. 31, 2018
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Tempe || Arizona (US-AZ) || United States (US) || SALES || None || US - Dallas, TX; US - Spokane, WA; US - Tempe, AZ ||
Apply on company website