Requisition Number: 77574
As a Managing Architect, you will combine a diverse technical and industry background coupled with a deep understanding of how technology impacts a business environment. The Managing Architect is able to translate a business need into a technical solution and articulate the value of that solution back to business decision-makers supporting complex solution sales opportunities. The Managing Architect takes a primary technical role in opportunity identification and qualification as a partner to all Account Executives in the region. The Managing Architect is focused on opportunities that may span multiple solution areas and services offerings.
The Managing Architect takes a consultative approach to selling, focusing on understanding customer business requirements and translating those to appropriate technical solutions and services engagements. The Managing Architect is expected to interact heavily with IT and business decision-makers within their customers to expand the scope of existing opportunities and to identify new opportunities proactively.
The Managing Architect will also manage a team of architects within a region to drive leadership behaviors including ownership, presence and technical acumen. In addition to managing a team they will own a strategy specifically aligned to Cloud, Automation and Containerization for a larger region.
Insight is looking for talented individuals who are passionate about emerging technologies and excited about the opportunity to work for industry-leading organizations!
What you’ll do at Insight:
- Owns overall technical relationship with assigned accounts,
- Owns development of proposals that address complex opportunities with input from Solutions Architects.
- Owns the technical aspect and is a participant in increasing share of wallet in target and strategic accounts.
- Identifies customer business and technical requirements for all opportunities.
- Participates in all internal sales meetings as technical representative.
- Oversees the development of team Statements of Work (SOW) for all professional services activity, with input from Solutions Architects and Solutions Engineers as well as the Regional Engineering Director or Manager.
- Owns the development and maintenance of a regional strategy developed in tandem with regional peers for Cloud, Automation and Containerization
- Owns technical and sales goals to align to direct reports
- Continues to operate in individual strategic accounts in large and complex architecture scenarios
What you’ll need to join Insight:
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in technical architecture roles
- Minimum eight (8) years in technical pre-sales roles or equivalent experience in the industry
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant program of study, or equivalent documented work experience
- Hands on experience with at least 3 of: Azure, AWS, GCP, Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, Software Development, SRE or equivalent
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 11,000 teammates help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com.
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
- 11,000+ teammates in 21 countries providing Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ for organizations across the globe
- $9.2 billion in revenue in 2018*
- Ranked #430 on the 2019 Fortune 500, #14 on the 2019 CRN Solution Provider 500
- 2019 Adobe Americas Partner of the Year, 2019 Cisco Global-Americas Partner of the Year, 2019 Intel IoT Solutions Partner of the Year, Microsoft U.S. Azure Partner Choice Award for Data/AI, Microsoft Azure Expert Managed Services Provider
- Ranked #23 on the 2019 Fortune 50 Best Workplaces in Technology, #70 on the 2019 Fortune 100 Best Workplaces for Diversity, and #7 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2019 list of Best Places to Work (Extra Large Business)
- Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
* Proforma to include PCM, Inc. for fiscal year ended Dec. 31, 2018
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Raleigh || North Carolina (US-NC) || United States (US) || None || None || US - Charlotte, NC; US - Raleigh, NC ||
Apply on company website