Your role in helping us shape the future:
Gogo Commercial Aviation an Intelsat company has an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer role who will help us design and develop our next generation airline services platform. You will be part of the team that is building a globally deployed platform for our customers using some best-in-class software technologies.
Are you up to the challenge?
The ideal candidate for this role will have strong Core Java skills and a solid understanding of building and deploying micro-services. You will lead the development resources as a working member of multi-disciplinary highly-skilled technical teams to architect design develop test debug and document software by providing the leadership necessary for the delivery of high quality technical solutions and services that deliver business value.
Can you drive these processes?
This role requires strong leadership skills core Java skills and a solid understanding of building and deploying micro-services. The ideal candidate is adept at delivering complex technology products and tools across a diverse portfolio breaking down barriers for the teams and planning both at a higher level and in detail to deliver business value.
- Design and develop globally deployed cloud based micro-services solutions with high availability.
- Works with the solution architect to understand and clarify user requirements. Develops web applications and APIs using Java
- Coordinate cross-functional teams to deliver on application maintenance and support activities for existing technology solutions
- Lead and mentor junior developers and drive them into technical discussions
- Be responsible for assessing current software development practices and principles to identify and implement process improvements
You should definitely have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science Engineering or related discipline
- 9 - 12 years of experience in systems implementation with a focus on both custom web/mobile application development & commercial software systems implementations; along with experience in multiple technical disciplines required (development QA devops etc)
- 2 – 5 years of experience in managing software development teams; ability to directly manage and develop direct reports
- Continuously look for new technologies and approaches for the team - help us keep ahead.
- A commitment to excellence best practices and the continuous improvement of our products code base processes and tools.
- 5+ years of in-depth development experience with Java.
- Experience in building highly scalable distributed systems.
- Experience in CI/CD and AWS deployments (EC2 SQS SNS Lambda S3 Aurora DynamoDB)
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycles; expert knowledge in Agile and Lean methods. Proponent of DevOps TDD Agile/XP practices and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in working as Scrum master should be flexible and adaptive team player. Professional certification in Agile Software Development is preferred (i.e. Certified Scrum Master)
- Ability to work under pressure prioritize work coordinate with onsite stakeholders and well organized.
- Work with micro-services teams on RESTful API designs - assist with future scripted API's and websocket investigations.
- Solid experience with SQL/NoSQL and cloud based technologies.
- Experience in unit testing tools like Junit Mockito & Powermock.
It would be nice if you had:
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new profitable markets. To help us reach this goal you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
• We emphasize personal and professional growth
• Awesome benefits including Leave Benefits medical and training
• Fun diverse and inclusive culture
Gogo Commercial Aviation an Intelsat company is the inflight internet company recently acquired by Intelsat the world's largest satellite network operator. Our offerings bring worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services that make internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that's just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device every flight everywhere.
Other Job Info:
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Please review the job bidding by current employees section in the employee handbook prior to applying for this position thank you.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
Apply on company website