ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Intertek is an industry leader with more than 43,000 employees in 1,000 locations in over 100 countries. We deliver Total Quality Assurance expertise 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with our industry-winning processes and customer-centric culture. Whether your business is local or global, we can help to ensure that your products meet quality, health, environmental, safety, and social accountability standards for virtually any market around the world. We hold extensive global accreditations, recognitions, and agreements, and our knowledge of and expertise in overcoming regulatory, market, and supply chain hurdles is unrivalled.
This position is multi-faceted in nature. Intertek is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager, with a background in construction materials testing and sales. The position mainly requires experience in conducting business development in the local construction industry, working within the Building & Construction division at Intertek's Vancouver campus. The many responsibilities include creating project proposals for all construction projects within the lower mainland, reading detailed architectural and structural plans, business development meetings, generating sales, networking events, negotiating contracts, client interaction through email, phone, face-to-face meetings, and administration support to current and new clientele.
This position reports to the Regional Sales Director, Canada. The position is located at Intertek's Coquitlam, BC branch.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
- Creating project proposals through detailed estimating of construction plans.
- Sales support to existing and new customers.
- Reading detailed architectural and structural plans for all types of construction projects.
- Qualifying of leads using Dodge and ConstructConnect sales platforms.
- Negotiating contracts.
- Perform client research, prospecting, and networking events.
- Collaborate with Marketing Department for strategic positioning
- Work closely with staff from Intertek to position the Intertek service package.
- Attend/participate in trade shows.
- Create and facilitate client presentations.
- Maintain quote/order levels.
- Prepare sales reports and forecasts and write and follow-up on proposals.
- Maintain sales database.
- Follow through on sales transactions, specify appropriate standards, price and credit terms.
· Perform other work as required.
- University Degree Preferred. College Diploma in the construction and/or business field acceptable.
- 1 year's successful construction estimating experience.
- 3 year's successful sales/business development experience.
- Must be self-motivated and assertive and have the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with shifting priorities.
- Experience with Dodge and/or ConstructConnect software platforms.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills, and superior presentation skills
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of computer systems (i.e. Microsoft Office, Excel) is essential.
- Experience working with diverse teams (engineering, operations, marketing) is preferred.
- Some travel may be required (trade shows, events, internal meetings)
· Must possess a valid driver's license.
· Physical dexterity/mobility to travel via car, airplane and perform all clerical functions inherent to the position.
Apply on company website