Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC(Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for an Advanced NDT Phased Array Level II Technician to join our Industries Services team in our Pasadena, TX location. A minimum of 3 years' experience in Phased Array is required. Additional Certs a plus.
Intertek's Industry Services team provides technical solutions that help customers maximize operational efficiency, ensure asset reliability, improve quality, and minimize safety risks. Some of our many service areas include inspection, non-destructive and materials testing, technical training, engineering, surveying, QA/QC, and supplier auditing.
The opportunity has arisen for an Advanced NDT Level II Technician to join this global organization, which respects diverse perspectives, experiences, and traditions as essential, and values each employee's contribution toward achieving our business objectives.
The Advanced NDE Level II Technician will support the Industry Services business line. Some of our many service areas include inspection, non-destructive and materials testing, technical training, engineering, surveying, QA/QC, and supplier auditing. This position will be responsible for performing assigned inspection activities to ensure that an object, material, or system complies with applicable codes, standards, and specific job requirements. We are seeking an experienced UT Level II Technician, with certification in Phased Array. API QUTE and/or QUPA or additional NDE Certs a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the Advanced NDT Level II Technician are oriented toward the inspection of assigned materials, objects, or systems using one or more of the following NDT Methods.
- Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing (PAUT): Using advanced ultrasonic equipment with phased arrays to test for flaws in materials and welds. Working knowledge of semi-automated and automated encoding required.
- Ultrasonic Testing (UT): Using standard ultrasonic equipment with compression and shear waves to test for thickness or flaws in materials and welds, or to check for disbonding or laminations.
- Ultrasonic Testing (UTT): Application of compression waves in routine thickness measurement. (Digital readout and/or A-scan presentation).
- Magnetic Particle Testing (MT): Application of standard magnetic particle examinations on ferromagnetic materials utilizing yokes, prods, or coils and dry particles or wet fluorescent techniques.
- Dye-Penetrant Testing (PT): Application of standard penetrant materials using solvent or water washable, visible, or fluorescent techniques.
- Visual Testing (VT): Applicable for dimensional inspection of machined parts, and general fabrication, repair, or alteration of petrochemical equipment, structures, and piping components. This may include the review and verification of material against their certified material test reports (MTR), visual inspection of parts, follow-up and preparation of material prior to welding, and inspection of material preparation for painting.
- Set up and calibrate equipment; interpret and evaluate results with respect to applicable codes, standards, and specifications.
- Should be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the methods for which qualified and shall exercise assigned responsibility for on the job training and guidance of assigned trainees and NDE Level I personnel.
- Should be able to organize and report the results of any assigned NDT.
- Adopt an Intertek “Marketing and Sales” attitude in all client, vendor, employee, and outside contact interactions.
- Actively pursue continuing technical education courses or seminars
- Minimum 3 years' experience in Advanced UT methods, including, but not limited to Phased Array.
- Prior Level II certification
- Valid Drivers' License
- Current TWIC card
- Must demonstrate the ability to read the equivalent of the size and letters of the Jaeger II chart at a minimum distance of 12 inches and distinguish and differentiate the contrasts between colors illustrated on an Ishihara Test Chart.
- Shall be able to climb ladders/platforms to heights of 225 feet, in increments of up to 40 feet at one time. Any fear of heights (acrophobia) should be identified.
- Inspection personnel performing work on elevated piping shall be capable of wearing the required fall protection equipment.
- Inspection personnel shall be physically capable of crawling in and out of small man-ways, climb inside vessels, towers, heaters, or other confined spaces for inspection activities, often wearing Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) as required to comply with safety regulations. Any fear of closeness (claustrophobia) should be identified.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and be fluent in English.
- Computer skills, especially familiarity with MS Office applications. are necessary.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance, and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary competitively placed within the local market.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website