Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 44,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
Job Title: Business Analyst
Job Location: Dallas/Plano, TX
Reports To: Head of IT Innovations, Caleb Brett (CB) – Oil & Gas
Business Lines: Caleb Brett (CB)
The opportunity has arisen for a Business Analyst to join this global organization which respects diverse perspectives, experiences, and traditions as essential, and values each employee's contribution toward achieving our business objectives.
General Description of Responsibilities
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years of experience as a Business Analyst. As part of the Business Solutions team, the candidate will determine project objectives by studying business functions, gathering information, and evaluating and delivering output requirements which may or may not involve IT solution. The candidate will work closely with cross-functional teams of Project Management, Product Management, and Development teams to implement IT solutions. This individual will have proven group facilitation, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Facilitate the implementation of IT solution by analyzing project needs, defining project scope, rationalizing requirements, identifying best solution fit/gap, designing process and IT solutions, and supporting IT solution roll-out.
- Manage the implementation of the IT strategy
- Lead implementation of business led initiatives
- Engage with customers requiring IT solutions (e.g., data integration and portals) and be a conduit between the customer and IT
- Document various artifacts such as PID, workshop discovery document, cost benefit analysis, BRD, FRD, and UAT test cases
- Ensure that the scope and requirements accurately represent business need
- Help identify KPI markers important to business measurement and design IT solutions to capture and report them
- Develop business plans and benefits for individual IT initiatives
- Develop solution concepts and business cases for innovations
- Work with CB management to ensure projects are prioritized based on strategic importance and ROI
- Ensure that the right Subject Matter Experts (SME's) from across the globe from both the inspection side and the testing side represent the business in the IT projects
- Help propose IT solutions and closely work with Group IT team members to define a solution that aligns with the CB IT strategy and the business workflows
- Ensure proper business participation globally for User Acceptance Testing and pilot testing
- Ensure project and resource plans are put in place and tracked
- Provide regular updates to CB management on individual IT projects
- Initiate and manage change across the business
- Communicate globally on upcoming changes and their impacts
- Develop training plans and coordinate training
- Strong business acumen combined with IT skills required for successful implementation
- Must have strong business analysis skills, capable of analyzing a current state business situation and readily visualize potential for improvement
- Experience in prior implementation of IT system implementations
- Excellent organization, communication, project management (multiple simultaneous projects) and facilitation skills
- Experience in developing, documenting, and tracking process improvement benefits
- Proven experience with conference planning and group facilitation
- Ability to prepare detailed business requirements for technology support systems to facilitate improved business processes
- A minimum of Bachelor's Degree
- Experience working with various levels of management and senior leaders throughout an organization
- Experience with a large, functionally diverse, and informed user base that demands high quality applications
- 25% travel (both domestic and international)
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects and rapidly changing priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Experienced in problem solving, and able to follow a methodical implementation process.
- Must be customer focused and a team player.
- Desire and ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to approach problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm and innovation.
- Provide support after normal work hours when necessary.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website