Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification) Services, is looking for an ISO9001:2015 QMS Intertek 3rd party Lead Auditor to join our Business Assurance team. This will be a home-based position. This will be based on assignment letters for specific audit projects. This is an Intertek non-exempt casual employee position.
The Business Assurance group of Intertek provides a full range of business process audit and support services, including management systems certification, custom supplier audits, and training. Our range of services helps to ensure customer management systems are optimized to facilitate successful growth.
- The QMS Lead Auditor will support the Business Assurance business by leading and/or participating as an assessor during all phases of a client's management system (ISO 9001) in accordance with the company's accredited certification program.
- The Lead Auditor is the primary interface with the client before and during the process of all auditing activities.
- Additionally, the Lead Auditor will help train low graded Auditors through witness audits, technical support, and education of both the client and sales force as needed. Strong leadership and management qualities are required, in addition to the technical expertise necessary to perform audit assignments.
- Must have ISO9001:2015 lead auditor certification
- Must have previous 2nd or 3rd party audit experience
- 4 years of full-time appropriate practical experience, including 2 years dedicated to Quality Assurance and/or Quality Management activities
- Experience in industries such as Telecommunications, Rail, Industrial Off-Road Equipment, Chemicals, Plastics, Rubber, Metals, Transportation, Electrical, Construction or Metallic Commodities is a plus
- Knowledge of requirements in ISO 19011 and ISO 17021
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in the agreed language of the assessment/audit assignments
- Ability to work well in an environment and react effectively in stressful situations
- Sound judgment and analytical skills
- Ability to understand complex operations in broad perspective
- Ability to obtain and assess factual information fairly
- Must have strong leadership abilities
- Ability to exercise effective time management in completion of assignments.
- Manage all phases of assessments/audits and recommendation for registration from time audit is assigned through completion of the audit activity
- Plan and schedule assessments/audits, and coordinate with team member(s)
- Represent the assessment team and the company
- Total evaluation of client sites, reporting non-compliance to Certification Authority
- Review the quality documentation, assess the system, conduct audits in order to evaluate the client's Quality Management system through initial, surveillance, recertification and special surveillance audits, and recommend whether Certification be granted, denied, suspended, or withdrawn
- Hold opening and closing meetings with and provide progress updates to clients on Pre-Audit, Stage I, Stage II, Annual Audits, Special Surveillance visits, Triennial Re-assessments, Change of Scope, Extension of Scope, Upgrades Audits, Transfer Audits, and results of team findings
- Explain to the client non-compliance and other findings
- Produce reports and supporting documentation to be submitted in our database on each audit, documenting all non-compliances and following guidance reports and Intertek procedures and requirements within required KPI's
- Review and approve client submitted corrective actions for nonconformities from the audit
- Respond to technical requests for revisions and emails within 48 hours
- Help with lower tier auditor training and assist sales force on client visits
- Conduct assigned audits in accordance with contracted client agreements and submit required reports in a timely manner
- Must be willing to travel extensively (more than 75%)
- College degree or at minimum some college experience
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance, and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran's status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all casual employees are required to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
Apply on company website