Intertek is searching for a Chemist to join our Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals team in our Whitehouse, NJ office. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow a versatile career in Pharmaceutical Analysis!
Our Value Proposition
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and more. In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, our Chemists are offered:
- 401(k) with company match
- Tuition reimbursement programs
- Day to day variety with the ability to work in a clean environment on high profile projects
- Opportunity for growth (over 100 locations with opportunity for growth/advancement/relocation)
- Employee referral bonuses
The Chemist is responsible for working with a team of technical staff to complete analytical testing for our chemical clients.
What you'll do:
- Plans, performs and completes projects under direct supervision
- Plans, performs and completes single projects with staff support to meet deadlines
- Maintains all equipment in good operating conditions and troubleshoots instrument related issues.
- Interprets data and writes technical reports under supervision
- Assures projects are in compliance with current procedures and regulations
- Provides technical training to junior staff members
- Performs technical assessments
- Assists with investigations
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- BA/BS/MS/PhD Chemistry, Biology or related scientific degree
- 5-9 years of related industry experience in an analytical laboratory
- Demonstrates proficiency in setting up, adjusting, operating and calibrating laboratory equipment and instruments – may include some of the following, but not limited to the following: HPLC, GC
- Prior experience in analytical chemistry required
- Knowledge of laboratory safety precautions and protocols for safe handling and the disposal of hazardous agents/reagents, chemicals and materials
- Organization, communication and analytical skills
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate technical and business information, both oral and written to others, including co-workers, supervisors, subordinates, clients, and vendors
- Intermediate mathematical skills, including: algebraic functions, statistics (mean, median, standard deviation, variance, probability), basic geometry (area, volume calculations), and scientific calculators
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
Why work at Intertek?
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about Our History and What We Do.
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our COVID-19 Policy.
What we have to offer:
When Working with Intertek, you can expect salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that Our People are our strongest tool for success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-694-8543 (option #5) to speak with a member of the HR Department.
Apply on company website