Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
The transportation technologies team provides the transportation industry with the confidence that its products and services meet required safety and quality standards. The team's services cover all aspects of clients' needs from advisory, auditing, certification and inspection to outsourcing, quality assurance, testing, training and more.
Under the guidance of department manager/ director, this position performs design and project management for the installation of test stands (engine / motor / other) and facility systems. Provides: technical, instrumentation, calibration, electrical and control system support. Prepares cost and timing estimates for projects. Participates in and supports CI and Safety programs. Manage projects to result in client satisfaction and business profitability.
- Prepares bid sheets to include the cost and design specifications required to meet specified project scope. Manages projects during design, installation, testing and startup.
- Works closely with Instrumentation and Controls Engineering teams to establish project requirements and completion targets. Oversees projects with a focus of providing a high-quality product within the established & communicated project scope.
- Ensures the integrity, quality, and cost effectiveness of our company wide instrumentation calibration processes. Identifies sources of variability and understands capability of instrumentation. Ensures documentation systems are in place and calibration intervals are appropriate.
- Writes technical documents.
- Works closely with engineering to specify / troubleshoot a variety of control system issues.
- Interfaces with lab engineer/ managers to report status of projects. May serve as team leader of select project teams.
- Strives to advance in-house technology relative to the “Sate of the Art”, keeping in mind present and future customer requirements, increasing precision and accuracy requirements and what makes good business sense.
- To carry out above responsibilities, and all others which may be assigned, in a manner demonstrating support for and adherence to the Company's Safety Policy and Procedures, Quality Policy and Procedures, Ethics Policy, Environmental Management System, Vision and Strategy, and to exercise good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy in so doing.
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering or an equivalent Engineering field is required.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a combination of electro-mechanical, electronic instrumentation, process controls and computer-based control and real-time data acquisition is required.
- Must have design base skills in electrical Engineering and experience with integration of microprocessor-based data acquisition and control systems including instrumentation.
- A minimum of 2 years of software experience in LabVIEW. Other software development languages will be considered (such as python, C, C , VB).
- One year of Automotive related design or testing experience is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communicating skills, both oral and written, required.
- May be exposed to high ambient noise, heat, and emissions.
- Must be willing to work irregular hours and respond to off-duty calls for technical assistance.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website