Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification) Services, is looking for an Engineer to join our Electrical team in Menlo Park, CA.
The Engineer is responsible for performing testing and evaluation on a variety of products to the provisions of U.S., Canadian and other international product safety standards; writing reports; and communicating with clients. Under the guidance of a more senior Engineer, may also conduct on and off-site evaluation of products to determine compliance with applicable standard(s).
Role and Responsibilities
- Read and determine applicability of national codes and standards clauses for the EUT (equipment under test).
- Validate the project scope and sample applicability.
- Complete preliminary design reviews (PDR) both on and off site.
- Develop, set up, and follow established test plans.
- Compile test results during construction review and testing. Compile data and product description and type final report using established report shell. Submit report to reviewer for final approval.
- Communicate project status and test results to client, sales personnel, and management throughout testing.
- Within policy guidelines, identify, properly document, and recommend engineering judgments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering; Electrical or Mechanical preferred
- 0-2 years directly related experience related to energy related industries: Energy storage systems, inverters, battery management systems, etc.
- Working knowledge in electrical circuit design/analysis principles highly preferred
- Demonstrated experience with U.S., Canadian, and other international product safety standards preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Prior project management experience is a plus.
- Ability to make technical decisions and engineering judgments independently within established parameters.
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate - up to 50%
- Valid Drivers License with an acceptable driving record, Required
Why Work at Intertek?
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about Our History and What We Do.
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our COVID-19 Policy.
What we Have to Offer
When Working with Intertek, you can expect salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including
- Fully comprehensive benefits package; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability
- 401(k) with company matching
- Competitive market pay
- Employee referral bonus
- Discounted prices on travel, merchandise, auto purchases
- Tuition reimbursement and much more.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that Our People are our strongest tool for success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email email@example.com or call 1-877-694-8543 (option #5) to speak with a member of the HR Department.
Apply on company website