Intertek is searching for an Engineering Manager to join our Electrical team in our Menlo Park, CA office. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow a versatile career in Management!
The Engineering Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of an assigned lab, including managing the operational budget and assisting with the development and direction of strategic plans and growth initiatives. The position will be reporting to the Operations Manager.
Scope of Work
- Manage and direct personnel
- Manage budgeted costs and exceed monthly production/revenue and profit goals
- Assess, monitor, report, and improve on lab productivity
- Identify and develop processes to enhance and maximize efficiencies and margin/expense
- Coordinate with other working groups to effectively reach and exceed targeted goals
- Mentor and develop staff by setting appropriate goals and objectives
- Maintain facility assets in accordance with Intertek Safety, Health, Quality and Compliance Policies
- Attend technical trade or association meetings
- Serve as a technical resource to employees and clients
- Make recommendations on improvements to operational processes to maximum efficiencies
- Interact with clients, accreditors and/or Authority Having Jurisdiction to resolve issues
- Provide support to engineering and sales
- Make business recommendations on capital expenditures and other initiatives
- Promote new business opportunities
- Perform other work as required
Who We're Looking For
- Degree in engineering and/or business administration
- 5+ years technical management experience in an engineering environment, preferably within a testing or product development laboratory
- 3+ years general management experience, including supervision of staff
- Prior experience managing a budget
- Prior experience managing a employee's time-off schedule, work load, and professional development
- Experience with the recruitment process; Ability to work with the HR Team to interview and solicit offers for potential new employee's
- Professional Engineer (PE), preferred
- Ability to travel, 25% of the time
Why Work at Intertek?
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about Our History and What We Do.
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our COVID-19 Policy.
What we Have to Offer
When Working with Intertek, you can expect salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including
- Fully comprehensive benefits package; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability
- 401(k) with company matching
- Competitive market pay
- Eligible for year-end bonus
- Employee referral bonus
- Discounted prices on travel, merchandise, auto purchases
- Tuition reimbursement and much more
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that Our People are our strongest tool for success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-694-8543 (option #5) to speak with a member of the HR Department.
Apply on company website