Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification) Services, is looking for a Field Evaluator to join our Electrical team in the Lake Forest CA area. This is a fulltime position with and the flexibility to work from home.
The electrical team provides assurance, testing, inspection and certification for a variety of electric products, including appliances, consumer electronics, lighting, medical devices, information communications technology, HVACR, industrial, and energy transmission and distribution. Our dedicated professionals help ensure the quality and safety of electrical products used by people throughout the world.
The Field Evaluator will be responsible for performing field evaluations on energized electrical products at jobs sites to ensure compliance with applicable standards, issuing reports, and communicating with clients.
- Performing tests and measurements on products as required by applicable standards
- Making judgements regarding product compliance in terms of applicable standards
- Recording ambient conditions at job sites
- Appling labels to products that meet requirements
- Documenting corrective actions to products, including photographing non-compliances
- Issuing reports summarizing the results of the inspections to clients and AHJ's
- Communicating with clients and AHJ's
- Performing other work as required
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma required
- Associates degree in electrical field, or the equivalent in terms of training or experience preferred
- 10 years related experience, preferably as an Journeyman Electrician, Electrical Contractor or Electrical Inspector
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of National Electric Code (NEC)
- Knowledge of basic electrical safety procedures
- Ability to read and interpret standards
- Ability to work independently to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, with hours ranging from 0 to 40 in a work week
- Ability to travel 100%, including air and overnight travel
- Must have a valid driver's license
- IAEI membership is a plus
- Ability to lift/carry at least 50 pounds
- Ability to climb at least 30 feet
- Ability to work with various level of noise with use of required hearing protection
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all new hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website