Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for an Inspector to join our Caleb Brett team.
This team provides cargo inspection and analytical assessment to the world's petroleum, mining, minerals and biofuels industries. With solutions based on years of expertise, innovation and advanced analytical capabilities, we help customers optimize return on cargoes and help them resolve difficult technical challenges.
1. GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Through guidance provided by the Laboratory Manager, and in a safe, legal and ethical manner, the Laboratory Technician performs duties to support analytical testing for the company and its clients and to maintain associated records, thus supporting the goal of providing a service to our clients that is accurate, timely and cost effective
2. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Listed examples are illustrative and representative of the tasks required of this position and are not intended to be complete or exclusive.
· Receives, examines and records through a login process, inbound samples for testing.
· Delivers test samples to the sample staging area.
· Monitors the availability of supplies needed for testing processes and makes any needs for such supplies known to the Laboratory Manager.
· After showing and documenting proficiency for the task, performs testing of samples and quality control specimens using specified methodology. Reviews results against specifications and known expectations. May be delegated to issue analyzes to clients.
· Prepares samples and quality control specimens, prepares and standardizes reagents and solutions, and calibrates equipment needed for the testing processes.
· Verifies and communicates results obtained, and makes appropriate entries into instrument logs, control charts, calibration records, laboratory worksheets, and any other media, whether print or electronic, required, assuring the validity and traceability of the information.
· Maintains documentation, equipment, and work areas in a neat, orderly and safe condition. 2.8. With sufficient proficiency shown and documented, is able to assists in the training of less experienced employee
· Carrying out all responsibilities in a supportive manner with total adherence to: The Company's Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures, Quality Management System, Compliance and Ethics Policies, Vision, Mission and Strategy, and exercises good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy.
3. SUPERVISION EXERCISED
· This position carries no personnel authority or responsibility other than to supply training as outlined above or as delegated to supervise a specific testing project.
4. SUPERVISION RECEIVED
· This position reports directly to the Laboratory Manager or other Laboratory Manager delegate such as a Laboratory Department Manager or Laboratory Supervisor.
5. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· High school education or equivalent with an advantage of having petroleum testing experience or formal chemistry education.
Candidate must be member or eligible to be member of "Ordre des chimistes du Quebec"
6. CORE COMPETENCIES
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Proficient at mathematics.
· Ability to perform analytical tasks.
· Protocol, procedure and safety oriented.
· Organized with time management skills.
· Experience in handling chemical and petroleum products.
· High tolerance for job pressure.
· An ability to work and communicate with persons of diverse personalities and backgrounds.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, RRSP plan, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to disability, race, colour, religion, sex or national origin.
This position outline is a general guideline and does not represent all encompassing details.
The position assumes that the incumbent has both the mental and physical requirements to carry out the above defined duties.
Apply on company website