Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices with over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace, and passion, enables our customers to power ahead safely.
Intertek's Industry Services team provides technical solutions that help customers maximize operational efficiency, ensure asset reliability, improve quality, and minimize safety risks. Some of our many service areas include inspection, non-destructive and materials testing, technical training, engineering, surveying, QA/QC, and supplier auditing.
The Laser Scanning Technician will support the Industry Services business by setting up and running a laser scanner properly in remote locations around the world, with the goal of capturing data that our clients specify. We're looking for somebody with knowledge of both scanning software and hardware, and surveying practices.
· Set up and run a laser scanner.
· Select an area to place the scanner in order to gather the best 3D coverage possible.
· Able to understand what a client wants to capture.
· May have to work in extreme temperatures/environments.
· Convert scanned files from raw format to filtered format.
· Convert survey from feet to meters and make control files.
· Comb surveys from multiple trips to the same jobsite.
· Register scans to create point cloud model using LFM Modeler.
· Compile daily reports using Microsoft Office.
· Be able to lift 30-50 lbs.
· Be able to travel internationally if needed.
· Be able to work within a team of 3-6 people.
· Knowledge of basic survey principals.
· Be able to pass background and random drug/alcohol screenings for client requirements.
· Be able to work at heights of up to 250 feet.
· Be able to work offshore if needed.
· Possess basic computer skills.
· Be able to work in all elements around the country.
· Must have a valid Driver's License.
· Must be authorized to work in the US.
· Must take safety seriously.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefits package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to Veteran's status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website