Intertek is searching for a Field Engineer/Metallurgist to join our Asset Integrity Management (AIM) team in our Santa Clara, California office. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow a versatile career in Power Generation!
How you'll make an impact at Intertek:
- Conduct onsite field inspections of power generating assets including wind turbines, power boilers, pressure vessels, power piping, and related critical components.
- Perform engineering analysis projects including performance analysis, failure analysis, risk assessment, and other similar studies.
- Prepare technical proposals for clients based on their specific technical requirements.
- Compile results and write technical reports
- Communicate and present findings to the field crew, Intertek management and the client
- Interface with Failure Analysis and Non-destructive examination specialists.
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Materials/Metallurgy
- Power industry engineering experience is desirable
- Valid Driver's License and reliable driving record is required
- Ability to travel up to 30-40% travel as an annual average but may be as high as 50-60% during busy seasons.
- Proficiency in MS Office, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Track record of getting things done
- Excellent communication skills to interface with and understand the needs of our clients
- Good report writing and presentation skills to summarize project results and recommendations
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
Why work at Intertek?
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about Our History and What We Do.
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our COVID-19 Policy.
What we have to offer:
When Working with Intertek, you can expect salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that Our People are our strongest tool for success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email email@example.com or call 1-877-694-8543 (option #5) to speak with a member of the HR Department.
Apply on company website