Project Manager - Construction
Annual Salary Range: $65,000-$75,000
PSI, an Intertek company, is searching for a Project Manager to join our Building & Construction team in our Denver, Colorado (Westminser) office. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow a versatile career in the architectural, engineering, and construction (A/E/C) industry!
How you'll make an impact at Intertek:
- Performs a variety of assignments that include independent evaluations using standard techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment to make minor adoptions and modifications to these standards
- Maintains Client relationships, leverages and develops new project opportunities
- Reviews project setup
- Prepares advanced proposals for internal and external review and follow up
- Directs technical team and admin to accomplish project activities
- Engage Legal and Principal Consultant for non-standard proposals and contracts
- Monitor project budget and initiate change orders
- Review, Prepare and Submit invoices
- Perform project close out duties
- Review and Sign Test Reports
- Project Scope and Budget Management
- Ensure project quality and client satisfaction
- Oversees lab testing progress
- Performs dispatching and scheduling of field staff
- Attends project meetings
- Communicates effectively with client and project teams
- Trains field and lab staff
- Performs equipment calibrations
- May perform staff quality audits
- Assists with account collection follow up and project billing functions
- Must be aware of, and adhere to, safety practices and policies to ensure your own safety, as well as the safety of others who may be affected by your actions at work
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering is preferred
- 2+ years' experience in project management is required
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal and listening) and solid interpersonal skills are required
- External (or task related) certifications based on region and state preferred
- Internal PMCP completion within 6 months of hire
- Ability to lead and supervise others
- Must be able to work off shift and overtime as needed
- Ability to lift, move, push and pull 30 to 50 pounds occasionally
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, (hearing) and to make the discriminations in sound
- Ability to kneel and squat occasionally
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions, including hot and cold temperatures
- Ability to climb occasionally, and work at various heights
- Ability to work over night hours and off shift
Why work at Intertek?
PSI, an Intertek Company, is a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services. We are ranked #15 on the 2020 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and are able to provide the architectural, engineering, and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on-site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about Our History and What We Do.
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our COVID-19 Policy.
What we have to offer:
When Working with Intertek, you can expect salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that Our People are our strongest tool for success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email email@example.com or call 1-877-694-8543 (option #5) to speak with a member of the HR Department.
Apply on company website