Ranked #15 on the 2020 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
Listed examples are illustrative and representative of the tasks required of this position and are not intended to be complete or exclusive.
- Day-to-day supervision of technical staff, including assigning and overseeing work; mentoring staff; approving time and expense reports; conducting performance reviews; enforcing company policy
- Confers with engineering personnel to resolve issues related to specifications and test plans
- Conducts standardized tests, analyzes test data, and performs routine calculations
- Monitors controls and instruments to records test data
- Perform troubleshooting, maintenance and calibration on instrumentation or test apparatus
- Communicate schedules and forecasts to management
- Communicate project updates to clients, co-workers, sales personnel and management as necessary
- Provide technical support to sales or other departments as required.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe work environment
- Perform other work as required
- High School Diploma or GED
- 7 years directly related experience, preferred
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- General Construction experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills, in both verbal and written formats
- Ability to lead personnel to achieve expected results
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with ever changing priorities
- Ability to remain flexible with work schedule, including working varying shifts and / or overtime as business needs dictate
- MS Office proficiency
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website