Intertek Scientific and Regulatory Consultancy Group is looking for a motivated and client focused professional to support our consumer assurance and risk assessment consulting services. The Toxicology & Risk Assessment Manager will guide our clients on matters related to the safety and regulatory compliance of consumer products including conducting exposure and hazard assessments. This role combines knowledge of regulatory affairs with an understanding of toxicology and general risk assessment principles. The Toxicology & Risk Assessment Manager will support senior managers and guide junior staff as the team delivers innovative and bespoke assurance expertise mainly related to the safety of consumer products and cosmetics. In this exciting role, the candidate will utilize their science background and general knowledge of these regulatory requirements; develop their project management and client relations experience; work with a team of experienced regulatory affairs/scientific subject matter experts; and become a valued partner for our clients in the consumer products industry.
- Risk assessment of consumer product formulations for compliance with the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act (CCPSA) and United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (Title 16) Code of Federal Regulations.
- Assess products for risks associated with oral ingestion, inhalation and dermal contact routes of exposure; and have an understanding of in silico and in vitro methodologies as well as traditional toxicology testing methods.
- Analyse and critically assess scientific issues and prepare professional quality reports which interpret and summarize these issues.
- Manage scientific projects related to consumer product risk assessments, Canada Consumer Chemicals and Containers Regulations (CCCR) and U.S. Federal Hazardous Substances Act (FHSA) compliance and California Proposition 65 compliance.
- Lead successful project teams, applying effective organizational and planning skills required in a multidisciplinary and matrixed environment.
- Manage assigned projects: review basic project issues considering special expertise needed and assignment of staff; oversee the work of juniors in the team and guide them on the selection and use of associated scientific information; review work of toxicologists and support assessment of risk; ensure work is kept focused on client's needs; and deliver project reports to client on time, on spec and on budget.
- Establish and maintain regulatory relationships with key clients as well as internal and government stakeholders, to promote Intertek's mission and values of total quality assurance and scientific excellence.
- Communicate with client as needed, requesting information, or explaining the planned course of action.
- Ph.D. in toxicology or related discipline; or B.Sc. or M.Sc. in toxicology or related discipline with at least 3 to 5 years of relevant experience.
- Preference for board-certified toxicologist – certified by either the American Board of Toxicology or the Academy of Toxicological Sciences.
- Developed scientific expertise to the level needed to analyse and interpret complex scientific issues within the overall field of toxicology.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written format
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Effective business writing and composition skills with a good command of the English language
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Microsoft Office software expertise
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
Intertek encourages applications for all qualified candidates. Please contact email@example.com if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation practices.
Apply on company website