SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
Title: Lead Software Engineer
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Here at Intralinks we are a collaborative environment creating ‘software in the cloud' products that allow our clients to share files safely and securely. We are currently designing and developing the UI for some of our core file sharing and content management collaboration products and want people that can develop ideas from a high‐ level description to a shippable product. This will involve careful analyses, software design, coding, troubleshooting, and unit testing.
About the Company:
Intralinks helps enterprises extend business processes and high value content across traditional organizational, corporate and geographical boundaries.
Only Intralinks provides a cloud-based Content Collaboration Network where sensitive information can move freely around the globe while maintaining security and compliance, enabling safe and productive work with anyone, anytime and anywhere. Rather than building point integrations or having to rip-and-replace existing content systems, Intralinks customers can connect to the network to confidently and productively control the sharing, distribution and management of their high-value content – regulated, IP intensive or simply important data.
More than 90,000 clients – 99% of the Fortune 1000 companies – have depended on Intralinks to digitally transform and simplify critical business processes while meeting the most stringent governance and regulatory requirements.
We are looking for software developers to join our fun-loving environment with all the perks you'd expect from unlimited paid time off, to ping pong tables and beer days. But if that's not what the appeal is to you, what we certainly do offer is great training, tuition reimbursement and excellent career progression possibilities.
About the Team:
The IRM team is responsible one of the core Intralinks products. Through IRM (Information Rights Management) we offer security of our client's content, behind and beyond the firewall. We also offer lifetime control over shared content, wherever it may be, as you can change/remove/add permissions live but also track document activity across locations and through time, offering analytics and reporting data about how your documents are being used. This team is responsible for putting the word "secure" near content management.
- As a Senior Software Engineer, you will clearly communicate & ensure architectural visions / standards, decisions, designs, risks, problems, and technical details to client stakeholders and team members.
- Works closely with Product Owner to understand story definition and its acceptance criteria in order to translate requirements to design and implementation
- Support and learn from your teammates.
- Communicate well with other developers as well as designers, project managers, business stakeholders, and clients.
- Stay committed to raising the bar for code quality, efficiency, and maintainability
- Contributes to continuous improvement of user experience with newer components and server-side interaction
- Ensure compliance to coding standards and security policies.
- Embraces iterative development using Agile methodologies that involve design, development, and deployment.
- Interacts with the members of the cross functional organization to advance the development goals of the team
- Contributes towards the maintenance and support of production releases.
- Prepares related documentation.
- Responds to and resolves escalated calls for technical assistance received from production support.
- Plans and Executes functional and performance testing on shippable product
Basic Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in large scale distributed systems
- Experience developing APIs for specific functions and services
- Experience in test automation, continuous integration and deployment
- Familiar with DevOps practices and operational maintenance
- Full application stack experience in a SaaS environment
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in a multi‐site environment with on shore and off shore team
- Fast adaptability and learning skills
- Familiarity with source control tools such as Git, SVN etc.
- Experience with any JVM language (Java, Scala, Clojure etc.)
- REST API / JSON / XML
- Relational databases
Nice to have Skills and Qualifications:
- Familiarity with Chef, Ansible, SaltStack, Puppet based deployment strategies
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services is a plus
- Experience with troubleshooting network or application protocols
- Experience with JIRA/ Confluence
- .Net Framework/.Net Core
- Experience with CI tools such as Jenkins, Nexus, Artifactory
- Experience with Static Analysis tools like Sonar, Veracode, Coverity, Fortify
- Familiarity with Vert.x, NodeJS is a plus
- Familiarity with Backbone.js
- NoSQL databases
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
From the Hiring Manager
I've been here since 2014, when Intralinks acquired the startup I was working at. I've witnessed the intertwining of the two company cultures into a more mature, more organized but still startup like culture. We're dynamic, excited to constantly improve ourselves and the products, we work hard, but also have fun and enjoy the time spent with our colleagues at work while achieving a good work-life balance.
At Intralinks you'll have the chance to learn with and get support from our best architects, security experts, software engineers to grow into the expert you want to be.
You'll be working at our core business platform, so you'll have great visibility and the opportunity to make a difference. For me, Intralinks is a wonderful ride that gave me the chance to meet and work with wonderful people on both sides of the ocean, but also to grow both professionally and personally.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website