BASIC FUNCTIONS: Under the direction of the appropriate Dean, this position is a part-time temporary instructional faculty assignment. Some authority of the Dean will be delegated to the Division Chairperson with whom the professor will work cooperatively in the best interest of the college and its students.
Provide instruction in accordance with approved Imperial Valley College curriculum and established course outlines and as assigned based on the needs of the college. E
Assignments are based upon availability of classes, seniority, and qualifications not limited to conducting classes, class preparation, student evaluation, course syllabus, assessing and evaluating student learning outcomes, and other related duties. E
Maintain and submit accurate records according to published deadlines (i.e., grades, syllabi, attendance reports). E
Responsibilities also include maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position. E
Advise students on academic matters. E
Maintain competency in the field. E
- Abide by all California Community College Commission on Athletics (CCCAA) and Pacific Coast Athletic Conference (PCAC) rules and regulations.
- Communicate with the Director of Athletics, athletic trainer, equipment manager, and administrative assistant in a timely and effective manner.
- Assist with the hiring, supervising, and evaluation of assistant coaches.
- Recruit a robust roster of student athletes needed for each sport and document all recruiting contacts.
- Build working relationships with local high school and club coaches.
- Promote the educational welfare and sportsmanship of the student-athlete.
- Create events that foster team communication and bonding.
- Prepare a yearly budget and maintain that budget in accordance with college procedures.
- Purchase equipment and uniforms and maintaining records of all purchases.
- Ensure that all student athletes meet CCCAA eligibility requirements.
- Make all travel arrangements for the team and recruiting.
- Develop fundraisers to improve the program.
- Provide information, video, and statistics in accordance with CCCAA rules.
- Develop a recruitment plan and actively recruit student/athletes.
- Establish and maintain an ethical and moral code of behavior.
- Develop practice schedules and teach sport specific skills.
- Develop a weight training and fitness program.
- Support the philosophy and mission of the College.
- Perform all related duties as assigned.
This announcement is for all coaching athletic sports, which includes: soccer (men's/women's), tennis (men's/women's), volleyball, basketball (men's/women's), cross-country (men's/women's), softball, and baseball.
Bachelor's degree or higher and two years of professional experience;
Any associate's degree and six years of professional experience.
An applicant may qualify for this position by having education and experience equivalent to the listed degrees. To be considered for equivalency, the candidate must submit college transcripts (transcripts must show degree was awarded or conferred with a completion date) and a complete description of work experience with his/her application.
Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic socio-economic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students (AB 1725, 87360a).
For all Faculty (Full-Time & Part-Time) positions: If you do not meet the minimum qualifications requirements, you MUST fill out the equivalency form and submit with your application packet! Failure to do so, may result in a disqualification of your application. It is the applicants' responsibility! You can find the equivalency form here.EEO Information
Imperial Valley College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, or covered veteran status.
Apply on company website