In-Shop Delivery Driver
Jimmy John's is looking for freaky fast delivery drivers to deliver and help make our freaky fresh sandwiches while keeping our store freaky clean. At Jimmy John's, you will find yourself as part of a genuine culture that offers competitive wages and benefits, opportunities to grow into leadership and advancements, along with one freaky-fun place to work.
Delivery Drivers are responsible for delivering sandwiches to customers in a designated delivery area. Drivers check all delivery orders to ensure accuracy and quality then deliver the products to customers in a safe and courteous manner. When not out on a delivery, drivers will work as in-shop employees helping to make sandwiches, restock, greet customers, and keep the restaurant clean.
If you have a killer work ethic, an awesome attitude, and love providing customers with great service, apply today to become a part of "America's #1 Sandwich Delivery" team. When you join the Jimmy John's team, your future is in your hands. We offer spectacular opportunities for growth.
Why drive for us?
- Take cash home every day!
- Fast paced competitive atmosphere!
- No early hours or late nights.
- Very flexible scheduling! Many of our drivers only work 2-3 hours for lunch so it's a perfect part time job!
- Set schedules - while we offer extreme flexibility, we also strive to have consistency in scheduling so you can plan the rest of your day!
- Limited delivery area - unlike gig apps, we won't send you all over town. We deliver within 5 minutes from the restaurant!
- No fryers, grills, or grease so you leave smelling like fresh baked bread!
- We have lots of fun!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets customers, take orders, operate cash register, collect payments from customers, and other cash handling duties
- Deliver sandwich orders to customers in a safe, courteous, and timely manner in the established delivery area only
- Accept payments from customers
- Work with management to reconcile cash from delivery sales at end of shift
- Make fast, accurate, and consistent sandwiches
- Comply with all portion sizes, recipes, systems, and procedures
- Must be able to pass sandwich test at the end of first two weeks of employment and at future testing times
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of the restaurant including all tables, floors, windows, beverage station, and restrooms
- Fill out systems and procedures with 100% accuracy and integrity
- Always maintain professional appearance in compliance with the dress code
- Display a positive attitude and enthusiastic approach to all assignments
- Perform other related duties as required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Work Environment:
- Ability to use basic math, addition, subtraction, and understand basic fractions
- Required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, talk, listen, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. Occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties the employee is occasionally exposed to mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Must be at least 18 years of age, have a valid driver's license, reliable transportation, current automobile insurance, and clean driving record.
Apply on company website