Freaky Fast! Freaky Fresh!(r) Jimmy John's is all about fresh, fast, tasty sandwiches. We hand-slice fresh meats and veggies daily, and we bake our homemade bread all day, every day, so it's always served fresh. We greet our customers genuinely when they come in the door, and then we make them one of the fast, flawless sandwiches that Jimmy John's is famous for! Everything we do goes back to serving our customers. That means fast service, high-quality products, and a consistent customer experience to keep 'em coming back. And none of it would be possible without the rockstar teams in the stores making it happen every day.
Delivery Drivers are responsible for delivering sandwiches to customers in a designated delivery area. Drivers check all delivery orders to ensure accuracy and quality, then deliver products to customers in a safe and courteous manner. When not out on a delivery, drivers will work as in-shop employees, helping to make sandwiches and keep the restaurant clean. Some delivery drivers make as much as $30 per hour. If you have a killer work ethic, an awesome attitude, and love providing customers with great service, apply today to become a part of "America's #1 Sandwich Delivery" team. When you join the Jimmy John's team, your future is in your hands. We offer spectacular opportunities for growth.
Why drive for us?
- Take cash home everyday! Our delivery drivers can earn upwards of $30 per hour with the tips they earn!
- Fast paced competitive atmosphere!
- No early hours or late nights.
- Vey flexible scheduling! Many of our drivers only work 2-3 hours for lunch, so it's a perfect part time job!
- Set schedules - while we offer extreme flexibility, we also strive to have consistency in scheduling so you can plan the rest of your day!
- Limited delivery area - unlike gig apps we won't send you all over town, we deliver within 5 minutes from the restaurant!
- Same day hiring - we won't drag you along!
- No fryers, grills, or grease, leave smelling like fresh baked bread instead of a grease trap!
- We have lot's of fun!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Takes telephone orders and completes delivery tickets in a courteous and timely manner
- Delivers sandwich orders to customers in a safe, courteous and timely manner in established delivery area only
- Accepts payment from customers for orders
- Works with management at the end of the shift to reconcile cash from delivery sales
- Makes fast, accurate and consistent sandwiches
- Complies with all portion sizes, recipes, systems and procedures
- Must be able to pass sandwich test at end of first two weeks of employment and at future testing times
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of the restaurant including all tables, floors, windows, beverage station and restrooms
- Greets customers, takes orders, operates cash register, collects payments from customers and makes change
- Executes genuine greetings and farewells
- Fills out systems and procedures with 100% accuracy and integrity
- Maintains professional appearance at all times in compliance with the dress code
- Displays a positive attitude and enthusiastic approach to all assignments
- Performs other related duties as required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Work Environment:
Ability to use basic math, addition and subtraction, understand basic fractions.
Required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, talk, hear, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. Occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, lift up to 50 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties the employee is occasionally exposed to mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Must be at least 18 years of age, have a valid driver's license, reliable transportation, current automobile insurance and clean driving record.
Apply on company website