Job Posting TitlePreschool Substitute (Temporary, On-Call), Kauai
Employee TypeTemporary On-Call (Fixed Term)
Recruiting Start Date05-14-2021
Recruiting End DateOpen Until Filled
Aloha mai! Mahalo for your interest in Kamehameha Schools. If you are looking for an opportunity to utilize your skills and talents and grow in your profession, while serving and strengthening our Native Hawaiian community, we would love to have you join our ʻohana!
Kamehameha Preschools is looking to hire Preschool Substitutes to support our Kauai region to include the following locations: Kaumakani and Anahola.
Assists in providing a developmentally appropriate learning environment for a class of approximately 20 children in conjunction with the Teacher for the Extended Day or Regular Day Preschool Programs or assists in planning and implementing a developmentally appropriate language based curriculum for preschool age children which fosters Protestant religion and Hawaiian culture. Maintains certifications as required for program needs. Participates in curriculum development.
- Assists in daily classroom lessons including appropriate interactions with students, small group instruction, observations and assessment.
- Supervises student behavior independently and under Teacher direction using appropriate early childhood health and safety guidelines.
- Provides program and clerical support through snack menu pick-up; maintaining attendance and other records; ordering and maintaining materials and supplies.
- Prepares materials needed for a safe and healthy classroom indoor/outdoor environment including daily snack preparation and sanitizing; maintaining classroom centers, materials and equipment.
- Participates in workshops and In-services.
Minimum Qualifications - A combination of education and experience may be substituted for the requirements listed.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to organize a high volume of varied work activities
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- CDA or AA in Early Childhood Education.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to Hawaiian culture and age appropriate Protestant religion curriculum.
- Experience working with at-risk children and/or families.
- Frequently sits, perform desk-based computer tasks and grasp light or fine manipulation, talk or hear.
- Occasionally stand and/or walk, write by hand, and lift and/or carry, push and/or pull objects that weigh up to 30 pounds.
- Rarely twist, bend, stoop, squat, kneel, crawl, climb, reach or work above shoulder, or grasp forcefully.
- This position may involve traveling to various locations, including neighbor islands to conduct business.
- Work is conducted in an office/school environment and may require work to be conducted in non-standard workplaces.
- Work is typically conducted Monday through Friday at normal business hours but evening and weekend hours are often required to meet goals and objectives.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required. The incumbent may be expected to perform other duties as assigned.
For Internal Use Only: #LI-CA
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at email@example.com or 808-534-8040 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Primary LocationKamehameha Schools Preschool - Kaumakani
City, StateKaumakani, Hawaii
Additional LocationsKamehameha Schools Preschool - Anahola
Apply on company website