Job Posting TitleSummer Aide, Halau Kukalaulama (Summer School)
Employee TypeTemporary Seasonal (Fixed Term) (Seasonal)
Recruiting Start Date02-22-2021
Recruiting End Date04-25-2021
Aloha mai! Mahalo for your interest in Kamehameha Schools. If you are looking for an opportunity to utilize your skills and talents and grow in your profession, while serving and strengthening our Native Hawaiian community, we would love to have you join our ʻohana!Kamehameha Schools Halau Kukalaulama (Summer Programs) is looking to hire Student Aides. This is a temporary position with tentative work dates of June 1 through July 31, 2021. Job Summary
Provides general assistance to various program activities as necessary.Essential Functions
- Assists in the program as needed to include but not limited to assisting with clerical duties, snacks or lunches, student supervision and running errands. May assist in the classroom, during outdoor activities, in the dining hall, on field trips, in the Summer School office, etc.
Minimum Qualifications - An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of the requirements listed.
- Good organizational skills required to prepare program materials on a scheduled basis and to juggle multiple duties.
- Flexibility and ability to adjust to changing environments necessary to assist wherever needed in the program.
- Ability to work well with students and other program staff.
- Ability and desire to work with school-aged children.
- Knowledge of computers and applications.
- Experience with similarly aged children.
- Valid drivers' license.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to Hawaiian culture and Christian values.
- Frequently sits, perform desk-based computer tasks and grasp light or fine manipulation, talk or hear.
- Occasionally stand and/or walk, write by hand, and lift and/or carry, push and/or pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist, bend, stoop, squat, kneel, crawl, climb, reach or work above shoulder, or grasp forcefully.
- This position may involve traveling to various locations, including neighbor islands to conduct business.
- Work is conducted in an office/school environment and may require work to be conducted in non-standard workplaces.
- Work is typically conducted Monday through Friday at normal business hours but evening and weekend hours are often required to meet goals and objectives.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required. The incumbent may be expected to perform other duties as assigned.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 808-534-8040 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Primary LocationKapalama Campus
City, StateHonolulu, Hawaii
Apply on company website